Page 273 of 304 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

LHN seems to have a great knack for that mudflap!

I am sure i have missed more people then just Jordan who have came to be part of the LHBA family, so if i have not said to you then im saying now, welcome to the best side of the internet!
    Jason - LHBA Class of May/2015

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall ~Confucius~

LHBA Member
    Sacramento, CA, building near Mt. Lassen, Old Station, Shasta County
    Hi Jordan-My husband and I are next county over -Sacramento County. I don't know a whole lot about building in El Dorado county, but you can be thankful you are not building in Placer County. I have a realtor friend who aprised me of some of the newer requirements in Placer County regarding clearing land and a new cost per tree fee structure. Yikes!

We have purchased an acre in Shasta County, near Mt. Lassen, signed up for February's class, and intend to build a cabin on our lot. I've never dealt with Shasta county's building department, but the sense I get from my new neighbors and talking to other locals near our lot, Shasta county is a bit more relaxed.

-Sally

Hi Folks! I'm Damon Knox, Husband to Sally Clark - and despite what the cashier at the supermarket thinks when we shop together, I am not Mr. Clark . We just attended (well, Sally attended and I showed up when not totally exhausted) the class in Sin City on Feb. 18 (2017). I must say - anyone wondering if this class is worth it - yes it's worth it. You flatly cannot learn this by reading some book, or online article. These guys are absolutely the real deal. And, the coffee was pretty good.
    I hope to meet each and every one of you some day. Now, before I ask any dumb questions, or ask for answers that are already in some thread or another... I have to actually go read the material and the notes. There is definitely no possible way to get all of the 'tips' provided in the class - anywhere but in that class, or in a conversation with Steve or Ellsworth. And those tips are actually the most important part. If you go to one of these get-togethers, be prepared to write until your hand hurts. Then, have one of the provided bits of nourishment, take a deep breath, and go write some more. You won't regret it. If you thought that building your own mortgage-free, nearly indestructible home was impossible or too expensive, then you were not paying attention. I'll be back when I have digested what I have already received .
    - Damon

Hi Damon,
    Glad to hear you had a great experience with the class. I think I felt the exact same way when my wife and I finished the class.
    I think when you get to the member side of the forum you will find that the river of knowledge just keeps flowing!
    -Dana

Hello all!

My name is Gina and I've dreamed of living in a log cabin ever since I read "Little House in the Big Woods" when I was a kid. I remember the part about Pa cutting down logs and building the family's cabin, and that really spoke to my heart. I always thought I'd have to build a kit, but was disappointed in the way they looked. Imagine my delight when I found you guys last month!

I've recently come into an inheritance that will allow me to live my dream, and I'm thinking of building in Northern Vermont. My preference would be Quebec, but I'm disabled and I don't think I'll have enough money to get into the country as an investor. Anyway, yes, I have fibromyalgia and my energy depletes after about 3 hours, so I'm going to need a whole lotta help building this thing.

I know I just missed the last class. I will definitely be signing up for the next one though!

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard Gina. Yup, take the class. You don't wanna end up in no kit house.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Hello All!
    We wanted to introduce ourselves to the community. We just took the class Feb 18. My wife and I are so glad we took the class and we definitely feel more prepared to start our journey. Lord willing we will be building in Georgia soon. Also is there any ga builds going on right now ? We would love to get to know some of you and get some first hand knowledge and experience. Thanks I'm Ryan and my wife is Meloney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the family Lindseys.
    Every time I stray from teachings and suggestions of LHN it has saved me time and money.

Don't suck face with no Banker who drives a nicer car than you do... LHN 3:21.7

LHBA Member
    I don't know if there are any active Georgia builds right now, but Mudflap is west of you and Mossey and I are both north east of you. I won't speak for them if they want visitors, but you are welcome to drop by my place anytime.

Sounds Awesome, I appreciate the invite. We are in the early stages looking for property and transitioning out of our house. All with a bunch of little kids, I don't know if we are crazy or just hopeful lol either way it's going to be a awesome journey!