Page 301 of 304 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by BoFuller View Post
    There are lots of build threads, but probably only on the members side. You’ll like mine (AZ Ranch) especially because I had a Tacoma all during the build, and now I traded it for a Tundra.

If you happen to be a member of Tractorbynet, you can see almost the identical thread there (AZ Ranch).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BoFuller View Post
    There are lots of build threads, but probably only on the members side. You’ll like mine (AZ Ranch) especially because I had a Tacoma all during the build, and now I traded it for a Tundra.
    I'm on it Bo, looking for member builds. I'm too green to offer advice yet, but I have been studying LHBA members homes for years. In fact, anytime I see a log home, I can say "he was a member of the LHBA or not" just by looking at it. A unique style design.

Good choice on trucks too. I used to have a Tacoma, 98 TRD off road pkg was ext cab, V6 5 spd 4WD, bought new, sold it in 2013 with 60K miles, blue book was $7600, I sold it for $13,500!!! Those things are nuts in value (5 to 6K over blue book all day long). Anyway, took money, paid off house and put rest in bank. I had 5 trucks at one time, wife was squeezing me to thin the herd. Tundra a 5.7? 4.30:1 axle ratio, they are pulling monsters for a gas rig for sure. I just have my big 2010 Ram diesel, crew cab long bed, 21.5 feet long. 6 spd manual, 4WD, its been perfect for my cabin build, drags my enclosed cargo trailer full of tools and other stuff over 3 mt passes with ease. I ordered it online, flew into Idaho to pick it up and realized how long it was, but glad I went long bed.
    LHBA was offering a special this weekend before prices jump, I know there has to be more newbs in here. Wish they would chime in.

Nice meeting you Bo. I'm going to recon your build.
    Rick

The Double J Ranch & Timber Farm
    "Ride for the Brand"-- its the code of the west.

LHBA Member
    Hello! Welcome to the group. What is the special on?

We took the class on our 18th wedding anniversary in June 2011. More of our story is on the other side, but haven't built yet. Went a different route for now, but not giving up.

Sent using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post
    Hello! Welcome to the group. What is the special on?

We took the class on our 18th wedding anniversary in June 2011. More of our story is on the other side, but haven't built yet. Went a different route for now, but not giving up.

Sent using Tapatalk
    GreenEyes, it was for non members. Huge price jump and no more lifetime memberships, will come with an annual cost, midnight Sunday was the last shot. I have been on their mailer for over a decade, and this pushed me over, plus the online version. My biggest part was getting time away. This was an answer to my prayer. So I signed up Friday when I got the first emailing. For existing LHBA members, its a non issue. So here I am. You guys have to put up with my for many years I hope.
    Rick

Blog Entries
    So why aren't we putting up with you on the member's side of the forum?
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    So why aren't we putting up with you on the member's side of the forum?
    You will, in time. I have not built yet, so I'm not going to do much advising yet. More reading and absorbing. I am certain I have things to contribute, but baby steps at first. Still going through "bootcamp" too. SO I want to finish up my course. With corona virus maybe I will self quarantine and bang it out in a day or two. LOL
    I will migrate to the members forum. See ya there LHN. ;D
    Last edited by DoubleJRanch; 03-18-2020 at 11:09 AM.
    Rick

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJRanch View Post

I am married, 2 girls, 4 grand-kids, live in Olympia, hobbies are ham radio, shooting, hunting, but haven't done any in 12 years, I spend all my vacation time at my cabin now playing and making improvements to the land. I'm a Toyota dealer tech by trade, same place for 31+ yrs now.

Wanting to get to know others in here. I have loads of great pictures to share too. Not log stuff yet, but know members will enjoy. Havent figured out how to post pictures yet.
    Rick
    Another toyota guy? Hi. Me too. Just replaced the v6 in my 95 pickup, and while I was at it, rerouted the exhaust.

Welcome from Alabama!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
    --
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df

Quote Originally Posted by mudflap View Post
    Another toyota guy? Hi. Me too. Just replaced the v6 in my 95 pickup, and while I was at it, rerouted the exhaust.

Welcome from Alabama!

Thank you from Washington. Right on Mudflap, 95, they had a split year, original "truck" and later was "Tacoma" sometimes called a 95 1/2, I assume Tacoma and its a 3.4 V6 assuming its a 6 cylinder. Yes, dealer tech, same store for 31 yrs. Wonderful employer. A fellow co worker who is now retired knew and worked with Jeff Cooley, he is a LHBA member and built a gorgeous home in Gig Harbor WA. I know many of you probably know him. He used to work for Art Morrison Race car chassis builder co worker said he was very talented.

I found my way into the members section while looking around, so most of my chatter will be in there now. loghousenut pointed me in that direction. Glad to meet you mudflap. I'm enjoying this. I have rekindled my log home fire in the belly.
    Rick

Hello everyone, I am called Doc by all who know me. I have been desiring to build real log home for at least 10 years. Never made it to the class, so now have joined the online group members. Own land in Ocala, FL, horse capitol of the world, so looking to build. Any info on FL building of log or anyone know anyone here building please let me know. Thank you and prayers for God's protection during these troubled times.

"I'm your huckleberry" Doc Holiday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJRanch View Post
    Thank you from Washington. Right on Mudflap, 95, they had a split year, original "truck" and later was "Tacoma" sometimes called a 95 1/2, I assume Tacoma and its a 3.4 V6 assuming its a 6 cylinder. Yes, dealer tech, same store for 31 yrs. Wonderful employer. A fellow co worker who is now retired knew and worked with Jeff Cooley, he is a LHBA member and built a gorgeous home in Gig Harbor WA. I know many of you probably know him. He used to work for Art Morrison Race car chassis builder co worker said he was very talented.

I found my way into the members section while looking around, so most of my chatter will be in there now. loghousenut pointed me in that direction. Glad to meet you mudflap. I'm enjoying this. I have rekindled my log home fire in the belly.
    Yeah, it's got the 3.0. Researching it, I think I had the problem where the back cylinder next to the crossover pipe gets too hot- my valves burned up in that cylinder. I bought a new motor off ebay and plugged it in. And re-routed that pipe down away from that cylinder.

--
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df