Page 304 of 304 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304
Results 3,031 to 3,039 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

LHBA Member
    Jono, even if there is some kind of significant personal attachment you have to this building, I still think you should let it go and start something fresh. Your money will likely be better spent, in my humble opinion.

I was 5 years old when I went with my dad to trade in our old Volvo, back when buying a car took all day. When it was time to leave that car behind, I cried like a baby. I've probably bought, sold and traded 100 of my own vehicles since then. No, I'm not a sleezy car salesman.

Holding onto nice things forever and taking care of them is great... But there is also nothing like the fresh start of something new and different.

There you go LHN, my profound 6 paragraphs on the matter.

Edited to add: If you can get rid of things, even if you replace them with something different, you are technically not a hoarder... No matter how much crap you accumulate.
    Last edited by allen84; 04-13-2022 at 08:27 AM.

My name is Chris, we own a log home that is built from the logs of the Calloway cabin form the North fork of the New River in Western North Carolina. The old cabin had a single room, built by the Calloway family, Daniel Boone's wife's family. The logs are now the ground floor of our cabin, which has a basement and a second floor. We have been told the logs are from the 1830s, and I am looking to find a place to discuss maintenance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_boone View Post
    My name is Chris, we own a log home that is built from the logs of the Calloway cabin form the North fork of the New River in Western North Carolina. The old cabin had a single room, built by the Calloway family, Daniel Boone's wife's family. The logs are now the ground floor of our cabin, which has a basement and a second floor. We have been told the logs are from the 1830s, and I am looking to find a place to discuss maintenance.
    We'll, you have found the place to post some photos.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

welcome, Chris. fascinating story! send pics. that will help us help you. glad you're here

Hello. My name is Trevor. My wife and I made a big move out of California and up to Alaska. After being here a year we decided to purchase a home with some property. We found on older Log Home that needed some work in a great part of town sitting on a couple of acres and decided to get it. Now were working on fixing it up and living the best Alaskan life.

Hi folks. I'm John, we live in Utah but will be slowly moving up to some property we bought in Montana over the next 10 years.

I'm slowly learning with books, youtubes, etc and am considering the online lhba class.

I'm hoping someone in Montana or Utah who is a DIYer and building next year might need some help for a few days in exchange for some experience?

I've built yurts myself including the concrete piers at 9,000' elevation, plenty of light plumbing and electrical, and some steel roofing.

Blog Entries
    Take the class, John. Hard to go wrong, no matter what you build. A lot of it is lifestyle and you'll absorb a lot of it with the relationships you develop here.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by treadback View Post
    Hi folks. I'm John, we live in Utah but will be slowly moving up to some property we bought in Montana over the next 10 years.

I'm slowly learning with books, youtubes, etc and am considering the online lhba class.

I'm hoping someone in Montana or Utah who is a DIYer and building next year might need some help for a few days in exchange for some experience?

I've built yurts myself including the concrete piers at 9,000' elevation, plenty of light plumbing and electrical, and some steel roofing.
    Hi John -
    Welcome!

Don't be like me and study LHBA for 10 years before finally diving in - just dive in and take the class. I took it when it was almost $800 and live in Las Vegas, so whatever they are charging now (<$500?) is a steal. Plus, you get to know LHN and all the other nuts on here. I was a lurker for years - wish I would've started building back then. Anyway, I'm also from Utah, but after 15 years in Alabama, I think it suits me. We are now months away from finishing our home, it's been the experience of a lifetime.
    --
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df

Quote Originally Posted by treadback View Post

You fit right in here

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk