Thread: my personal blueprint

my personal blueprint

Hello,

Here is a diagram I have drawn using the paint accessory that comes standard with Windows. It's still a work in progress and has other information about material costs and labor. It's a stick built house, but with a little work, I could modify it to logs.

my personal blueprint

Ahhhhhh, fellow MS Paint user. I thought that perhaps I was the only one who uses it to make floorplans and elevation diagrams.

One example: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/titantornado/floorplan.jpg though, the originals are large and still in .bmp and file sizes as big as 7Mb.

Anyhow, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who still uses the archaic drawing program. :lol:

my personal blueprint

It's very nice floor plan, I may steal your washer and dryer. You paid much more attention to detail than I have with the handle on the fridge, railing on the stairs and drain in the upstairs shower.

Did you build that model? Are those pictures of the model or real log home? If you can build a model that looks that good, you shouldn't have any trouble building the real thing.

Straight lines are about the only thing I can do with paint. Not good at freestyle with the pencil. It's a great tool to play with when you've got the time. I'm hoping the drafting shop a few blocks away can use any drawings I bring with me to create a blueprint without too much hassle.

I've done several drawings, but I keep losing computers and hard drives. I was thinking I need to adjust the studs to 16 inches on center, which basically means to start over. The wall is 10 feet at the moment, and sheeting is 4x9 max.

Hopefully some day we'll reach our goals whatever they are. I could have purchase a lot 10 years ago in Twin Lakes Colorado when my grandma died, but I had restitution to pay, and I went for a Meade LX 200 telescope with the leftovers. The scope is useless in Chicago, with all the light pollution, but it works well out in the country. I still enjoy the astonomy and will be glad to have a great tool for looking at the sky.

Have a great day!

William

my personal blueprint

That would be his model, Rod is quite the stickler for details, at least as far as the model goes. I think his cabin will turn out very well.

His windmill was coming along nicely too. He must not sleep too much with all these projects!!

my personal blueprint

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro
    He must not sleep too much with all these projects!!
    In the words of my father, "You can sleep when you die!" :lol:

my personal blueprint

Even though people who only get 5 hour of slepp tend to gain weight, sleep is over rated IMO.

I tried building a frame house using sticks, but I just couldn't do it. I find cross stitch more fun.

It's a great model, and could be used with the average HO train set.

living in Portland, OR & building in Ashford, WA

my personal blueprint

hey, pizza guy,

how did you go about posting your blueprints on this forum? i wanted to post mine, and i have done them in word using the paint program like you did, but i don't think i can just cut & paste them into a post. how did you do it?

thanks,
    2 cents

my personal blueprint

Quote Originally Posted by 2 cents
    hey, pizza guy,

how did you go about posting your blueprints on this forum? i wanted to post mine, and i have done them in word using the paint program like you did, but i don't think i can just cut & paste them into a post. how did you do it?

thanks,
    2 cents
    See http://www.loghomebuilders.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2006&start=10 for instructions.

living in Portland, OR & building in Ashford, WA

my personal blueprint

thanks rod, & ponyboy & JZ (i think it was) who responded and helped me figure out how to post my plans! i got them posted in the members forum!

-angela :)