Good Morning Gentlemen and thank you for taking my call,

I just found this forum and thought that I might pick some brains about my newest project.

I have purchased acreage in SE Tenn. My plan is to build a 50 X100X 16 metal building shell then divide it in half with one side my living space 3/2 and the other side my shop with additional shower and WC.

I have a brain full of ideas and many more questions.

In that I will have many trees at my disposal, I am thinking of buying a small portable sawmill so that I can do the living space to look like a cabin with a post and beam look to include self sawed wood walls.

1, Does anyone have experience buying/using a saw mill? I have been considering the Timber King 1600.

2, If and when I'm done can I make any side $$$ with one or would I be better served selling it.

3, In that my shell will be completely metal I plan on attaching my wall boards to the purloins with insulation in between. I figure I can work inside rain or shine. Post and beam will be for looks on the inside exterior walls and support for the loft area.

4, The living space floor will be stained and cut concrete over Styrofoam insulation. This will save me $$$ on either tile or carpet. I can use either in critical areas if I decide later.

5, I plan on insulating living space walls and the entire building roof. There is tons of insulation available to include batts, foam etc. I'm not sure what I will use at this time.

6, down the road I will face the exterior with natural wood or rock for aesthetics.

whew, just the though of it makes me want to take a break!

Thanks for the help

Raider Bill

LArgo, Florida