Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello all. New guy here. Just came across this site and enjoy our log cabin. 16x24 with 10' tall side walls as we wanted a full upstairs. 3 sided 6" logs. This cabin is remote so everything you see had to be freighted in. Most during the winter using snogos. Summer access is, chartering bush plane and landing on a lake 2 miles south. I have freighted some atvs out to help with the chores.
    How do you post pictures ?
    Anyhows thought I'd introduce myself

Blog Entries
    Hi Mom!

If you view this site with the Tapatalk app, photos are easy. If not, download photos using Imgur. It is not as intuitive, but easy enough that I figured it out.

Where's the cabin?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Thanks. But I'm not very computer literate. I can build a cabin in the middle of nowhere, computers just aren't my bag. I don't know about tap talk or URLs. I usually just push the button on top with the tree. All that shows is a what URL.
    Anyhows I do enjoy our cabin. And always interesting in learning

Welcome, Momspond. glad you're here!

LHBA Member
    Sounds like Alaska. What's the general location? Figure out the picture thing. It's not too difficult and we like pictures!

Yeah I'm in south central Alaska. I'm currently working on getting 200 tongue n groove knotty pine boards finished with a clear topcoat for the lid in the upstairs.
    And wanting to put a clear topcoat on the entire interior. But need to sand the walls a bit first. Then plan on using a water based finish. I am looking for recommendations on what to use. It's just bare wood now. A quick sanding should remove any slivers n such. Then topcoat. But I've not used any of the newer products available. Any suggestions on brands or how to apply them would be appreciated.
    When I touch the tree or picture button. The only thing comes up is URL, don't know what that is. And don't know what tap talk is or how to use it. Don't know what to try

LHBA Member
    You have to upload your picture to a host site like imgur. Photobucket used to be popular but not sure anymore. The host site will generate a URL that you can copy and paste. Tapatalk is an app you can download for free. I like this forum on the internet browser better than on Tapatalk, because of the layout, but tapatalk is the easiest way to add a picture in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    We brushed the inside of our place with a clear interior polyurethane from Timber Pro UV on Portland.

https://timberprocoatingsusa.com/

Water clean-up and no smell. They make a ton of exterior finishes also.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Hello all, forgot about this place. Bad me. Anyhows I'm here now. Life has Mr hustling. We are building our retirement home summer n I've been working on that.
    Haven't gotten out to the cabin since last spring. I did get the lumber for the upstairs freighted out . Along with a new duel fuel generator and a mini freezer. 100 gallons of gasoline. Great trip with our daughter.

i love to hear about your adventures, Momspond!