Thread: Hand Hewing a Cabin Log

Hand Hewing a Cabin Log

We are filming the finishing of a cabin for a family member that had a motorcycle accident last year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ffqaeq1Rjr4&t=282s

LHBA Member
    Looks like a hew lotta work... Looking great tho! And the cave with the spring, I sure wish I had a spring like that! You should make your videos shorter. I totally understand the time you've put in, but if you edit them down to around 5 minutes or less, it would make them far more enjoyable to watch. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

EDIT: "If you're gonna have a hit, you gotta make it fit, so they cut it down to 3:05" -Billy Joel
    Last edited by allen84; 04-10-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Not often Allen disagrees with me, but I say that movie is the right length. Lack of yack and just watch how it is done.

Very similar to the movies that Mr Chickadee puts on YouTube.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Not often Allen disagrees with me, but I say that movie is the right length. Lack of yack and just watch how it is done.

Mr. Chickadee. Yeah, I watched several of his videos before someone clued me in that I should turn on captions. Watching is satisfying either way, but with his captions on, I learn a little more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donjuedo View Post
    Mr. Chickadee. Yeah, I watched several of his videos before someone clued me in that I should turn on captions. Watching is satisfying either way, but with his captions on, I learn a little more.
    Well, as usual, you are right Peter. Every once in awhile Chickadee tells us something we might miss otherwise.

The OP has 3 other videos and I still like them. Keep it up, Building Dreams.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    It's been said that the only thing short about me is my hair and my attention span... Probably left some things out but it's at least half true.