Thread: Snakes Alive...

Blog Entries

Snakes Alive...

I hate killing them but I really want to stay married so when Patty handed me the hammer I took the easy way out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Rattler in the house? Yikes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Came across a timber rattler two days ago on the road right by my house https://youtu.be/COMMQba43ps
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

LHBA Member
    I'm telling you, the skeeters aren't that bad here. I've only seen about 3 snakes bigger than that in the wild. Only one was big enough to eat you, and I ran over it with a Cadillac in southern Alabama.

P.S. I've seen and heard of snakes inside around here. But it's rare and nothing like that!

EDIT: Also, that hammer must have had a long handle. I think I would have shot it. LOL!
    Last edited by allen84; 07-05-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allen84 View Post
    I'm telling you, the skeeters aren't that bad here. I've only seen about 3 snakes bigger than that in the wild. Only one was big enough to eat you, and I ran over it with a Cadillac in southern Alabama.

P.S. I've seen and heard of snakes inside around here. But it's rare and nothing like that!

EDIT: Also, that hammer must have had a long handle. I think I would have shot it. LOL!
    Exactly, a few bullet holes would add character to the floor

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Completed #1 - Sold #1.....#2 about to start
    http://jandjloghome.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Well, there might be more to the story. The snake might have been out by the porch. I might not want a snake under the porch, even if it was a rat eater. So I pinned him/her and brought it inside to show Patty...

She (Patty), being of the gentler gender said to kill it. I, being an old (really old) boy, said I'd release it out a ways away from the house. She said OK. So i grabbed a catch bag (sleeping bag cover) from the table and set him/her (the darned snake) in it.

Trust me. I am 66 years old and have been a real boy/man every one of those years. I have played with a ton of snakes, venomous and non-venomous. I have killed very few of them. Most of them went into some kinduva bag and were released 200 yards away from a house.

This SOB came flying out out of that bag like it was a cross between Super Snake and a mortar shell. It hit the floor under the breakfast bar like it owned the place and had a right to bite anything that was trying to catch it and take it to safety. Patty brought me a hammer and I did what She wanted me to do in the first place.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Well I looked real close at your arms to see i I should advise you to go for medical treatment and thought for a second you might have a fang mark there on the other arm but decided it was probably just where Patty hit you with the hammer to convince you to do the right thing. So I think maybe the only medical care you might need is a HEAD DOCTOR!!

Anything that can kill me for simply walking by it, dies.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Ahh so you were messing with the snake!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Completed #1 - Sold #1.....#2 about to start
    http://jandjloghome.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I was messing with the snake. I have never seen one launch out of a bag like that. I am really comfortable about snakes but I will freely admit that i got a bit spooked with this one. In the end it was all fun and games for everyone but the snake.