Thread: There's Cows in the Kitchen Blog?

Regular User

There's Cows in the Kitchen Blog?

Good Morning All, A year or two ago I was following a Blog from a family in Kentucky that was building their log home. The last I saw, the poured basement was in and logs were delivered and being de-barked. The link got broken, and I haven't been able to find it. The Blog name was something like: There's Cows in the Kitchen. Does anyone know if they are still active or the link to find them again, I'd like to get caught up on their story.

Be Safe Everyone,

I had cows in my kitchen tonight, cut I to small pieces in my stew..
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

sorry. i have not heard of this one

Blog Entries
    If it is down there where Ronnie Rcklmbr lives, cows inside would not be uncommon. But I can't place the thread you are asking about.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    I feel like I've heard "Cows in the Kitchen", but not sure they're an LHBA member.

LHBA Member
    Sanders, KY (across the river from Indiana)
    Blog Entries
    Hi~~

That was our build. And that was my blog. We moved the kitchen, along with the house to a different spot on the property because where we dreamed of putting it turned out not to work with the septic system. And we are in Kentucky, yes! Unfortunately, I struck some problems with the photos that I had used in our blog, trying to manage the space in the file on my blog that held the pix I used, deleted some of them, thinking I was saving space, and every photo I deleted from the holding file got deleted from the blog post it had been a part of. Talk about frustrating! UGHH! And then, I wasn't keeping up with it, on top of all of that, so I gave it up. Sorry, but thanks for asking.

We do have all of our logs on. We have our RP up, and our rafters on. I am trying like the dickens to get the SIPs ordered for our roof. It is very difficult for me. Reason I ended up on here today. Gonna ask for help. I will attach a picture or two, if I can get it to work.
    Working on our dream one step at a time! Making strides slowly, but surely!

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 4101

This is one of the latest pictures.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 4102Attachment 4103Attachment 4104

So here are some more pix of what we have done lately. We measured for our roof, cut our some logs our for windows (using an amazing rope that we have, and wrapped it around either our girder log or a RPSL). That way it wouldn't fall on anything. And I took a picture of the kiddos working as a team to help clean up all of the sawdust. I thought it was adorable.

Also, we finally decided on a name for our property. I would like to call it a farm, but a farm has animals on it, and we don't have that yet. So, hence the name for our 'property'. It is going to be called Gusty Acres. We all like it! I am going to start a thread~~

Blog Entries
    FINALLY I understand your name. More corners, as in more than 4. Good looking place but I want more overhang if you're leaving it to me in your will.

Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    FINALLY I understand your name. More corners, as in more than 4. Good looking place but I want more overhang if you're leaving it to me in your will.

Ahhhh, thank you LHN! It is coming together. And Yes, Ellsworth told me it was going to be more difficult if I built an extra room, because I would have to deal with 'more corners'. He shouldn't have told me that. The overhang....I did what I could with what logs I could get. Sorry, you will have to deal with a smaller overhang.