Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Solar system Upgrade

LHBA Member
    Making it work -- Bravo!

Yes donjuedo, I'm pretty stoked.

Now if I CAN'T resolve or reduce the humming noise I'll just have to build a box outside of the cabin wall - and sound proof the sucka'

The Outback guys are trying to help me out.

It's too early to give my opinion about the Battle Born lith/ion batteries yet. But so far I'm damn impressed. I ran that pellet stove for 17 hours and it only sipped .4 volts from those batteries -- that's crazy good.
    Last edited by Kola; 01-21-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Just keep in mind that I think those batteries might have a pretty flat discharge voltage reading, then drop off fast near depletion. You'd have to look up what your resting voltage is, and see how far down you are to know how much you really used. An amp-hour recorder would be better still, (like the Trimetric) or your Pal monitor gizmo might have it built in already.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

I'm calling the Battle Born company today as I cant find that info anywhere online.

Blog Entries
    Out 2,000 watt Trace inverter has sat quietly under the bed in the old bus and has never initiated a complaint from any of the many people who have slept there.

Back when that was our only source of power the cooling fan would come on while under a good heavy load. Typically that would only happen during laundry or while running the table saw or counter, etc.

I'd send it back and do a thorough search of the reviews on its replacement.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

I re-booted my entire system, shut everything down, then turned things on one at a time -trying to isolate a possible culprit. After going through everything ?

Noise gone. Unbelievable.

Blog Entries
    That's how I woulda handled it.

Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rreidnauer View Post
    Just keep in mind that I think those batteries might have a pretty flat discharge voltage reading, then drop off fast near depletion. You'd have to look up what your resting voltage is, and see how far down you are to know how much you really used. An amp-hour recorder would be better still, (like the Trimetric) or your Pal monitor gizmo might have it built in already.

I called Battle Born office, spoke with some young chicky chomping the gum. smh. She said the resting volts is same as float I said..mmm, K.

The float for my 24v bank it's 27.2 My charge setting is 28.8. So guess they rest at 27.2

I asked her how low they can go before it compromises the overall life of the batts. She says it don't matter as they'll just shut themselves off at ~10v or in my case ~20v. Uh, OK, bye.

REALLY ???
    -------------------------
    amp hour recorder? never heard of it (note to self to google it)

Huh? my Pal monitor gizmo?? LOL You mean that Mate3s box they sold me? I ain't farted with it much yet - but I did get a error flash code today on "The Gizmo3s "....it said batts went up to 31 volts. I have't a clue what that's about. It was running fine when I checked it and has been OK all night. Maybe the batts didn't like taking 31 volts? Better check the settings.
    Last edited by Kola; 01-22-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    That's how I woulda handled it.

That's friggin crazy t'ain't it ??? BTW, the Outback Forum suggested that lil rebooty thing. Credits to Them.

Yes, I mean the Mate.

31 volts is bad. 28.8 max. The batteries probably have over volt protection on the built in BMS, but still should be avoided. You might need to reduce your charge controller max voltage settings a couple tenths of a volt.

I attached a typical voltage curve image. You can see how different they behave, compared to lead-acid, and how it makes it difficult to determine actual capacity used. Something that records amp-hours in and out of the batteries, will give a much idea of what's going on.

As for the noise being gone, maybe the inverter wasn't running on all eight cylinders the first time?

All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box