Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honda EU7000 fuel injected

Not being able to plug in a OBDII tool and diagnose, I wonder if that oxygen sensor is bad. They only cleaned it, right? No reason for the excessively rich running if everything is talking to itself right.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

I hear ya, Rod, In my dealership mechanic days we NEVER cleaned an O2 sensor. In fact I've never even heard of cleaning one until that jackass outfit did it.
    Last edited by Kola; 04-09-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Reminds me of when I was in the telecom. We had a switch site and data center in the building i was employed. The building always had at least one person in the NOC at all times. At some point, the company wanted to save an inperceivably small amount of money, by reducing NOC employees to regular hours. Of course, Murphy never missing an opportunity, raised his head to the challenge. Commercial power was always sketchy at that location to begin with. We had a huge generator, as well as two large uninterruptible power supplys. One night, only a few weeks after ending 24/7 manning of the site, grid power went down. As normal, the UPSs kept all the equipment going in the switch and data center until the generator could start, stabilize, and switch load over to itself. Except, the generator didn't start. Roughly 30 minutes later, the UPSs batteries were depleted, and they simply turned off. Now, all that computer equipment isn't like a simple desktop computer, and can't be just cut of power. Much of it requires a controlled shutdown. We lost several million dollars worth of equipment.

The service company was called when we were all coming in the next morning, finding the disaster that had occurred, and the whole culprit was a bad coolant temperature sensor prohibiting the genny from starting. (It thought the temperature was too high, even before running) So the technician said he changed the sensor, and all is good again. We put a few safeguards in place. One was to check the status of the genny after shutting off from its normal 30 minute exercise every Friday afternoon. About two weeks later, same error code came up, and service was called again. Tech says, "you sure that sensor was changed?" We were told so and billed for it! Shows me the sensor. Had the paint on it, from when the genny was originally painted! The first guy never replaced it!!!! Had the same disaster have happened again, wholly crap! Told the guy to $^$#@ fix it, and I never did tell the CEO about that near miss. The first tech was promptly fired.

Moral of the story? Change the d@&n sensor!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

I'm not surprised !

Kola, that is crazy, sure, a spark plug is maintenance, but I'd bet its not due for replacement at 120 hours. I have 3 Honda generators, 2 of them are the EU2000i and I have an EU6500is (same as yours but carb'd) and I have never had a lick of trouble out of any of them.

In fact, my first EU2000i has to be 15 yrs old and spends almost all its life in eco mode. The second EU2000i has only 150 hours. My EU6500is, I use for power outages here at home, I have it wired to feed the entire house and I run it in ONLY eco mode. Still original plug. I wonder of the elevation or temp may have been an issue. EFI should know all that. Doers it have its own diagnostics system where you can retrieve codes or count a light blinking for a code?

Tough deal, we all know Honda are pricey, but quality is second to no one. I always say a Honda is as reliable as the sun rise.
    Hopefully, no more issues. I know that EU7000is is a $4K plus generator.
    Maybe grab a spare spark plug. I think I put one plug in my oldest EU2000i is all, and its got to be 15 yrs old.
    Rick

The Double J Ranch & Timber Farm
    "Ride for the Brand"-- its the code of the west.

I haven't used it since I got it back. I ran it for 4 hours one day (building a new chicken coop) with ecomode off. The next day it wouldn't start.

Same problem. Gas fouled plug.

I'm taking it to another Honda dealer.