Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda EU7000 fuel injected

[attach=config]4080[/att
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was thinking of you this weekend. I just serviced my Honda, new plug and oil change. Also cleaned the spark arrester, which wasn't too bad. Just under 5400 hours on it now.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

In summary :

Two month old-140 hour Honda 7000 puked on me. I dropped it off to the dealer. About a week later they call me - says the gens' fixed, come get it. They told me on the phone that it was my fault. NOT warranty covered, 70 bucks, parts and labor are due. The service gal AND the grease monkey stated that BECAUSE I ran the genny on eco-mode that the O2 sensor carboned up thus causing the spark plug to fail. THUS, no warranty.

I went to get the genny. The gal at the front desk again stated running it on eco-mode was the reason why the geny failed. I asked her to put that in writing on the work order. She would not. I asked to speak to the grease monkey who worked on it (he too told me a week ago that running it on eco-mode was the problem). He was out sick. I the asked for the manager and what an ass he was ( an obese redneck who could't look me straight in the eyes) He told me the same thing, eco-mode caused the prob, no warranty. I asked him to specifically put that on the work order and that I'll take it up with Honda Corp. Of course he refused.

I let him know that no where in the owners manual does it say NOT to run genny on eco-mode (ONLY in start up for a few minutes) I asked him to show me where Honda says that and I'd gladly pay the 70 bucks. Of course he refused.

He went on to say that the wrong spark plug was installed which was completely false. I asked him to show me that plug. He refused. He also said it was carboned fouled. I said HUH??? It was totally gas fouled when I pulled it out when I had troubles starting it back a few weeks ago. A total lie. I asked him if he knew the difference between a carbon fouled and gas fouled plug. He got ticked off and of course he didn't answered my question. I told him under the warranty the spark plug ad the O2 sensor are covered. He said "nope, it was due to my "lack of maintenance". He then told me to pay the bill to get back my genny and leave ------or he'd call the cops ! Reluctantly I paid the bill, knowing if the cops came they'd only escalate the situation and I'd probably lose in more ways than one.

What a chop shop.

side note: after this I called another Honda dealer. I spoke with the service desk guy and a mechanic. They both agreed it should have been a warranty covered situation and that running the genny in eco-mode is fine and should not have caused the no-start problem. They asked me where I took it for service - I told them. They said "Yep, no surprise, we've heard about that place." They said if I have any more problems that I can bring it to them. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by Kola; 01-14-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    The problem with buying something new is that, when it goes haywire, you expect not to have to get greasy because it is under warranty. You and I are too cheap to willingly pay $80 per hour for a mechanic without first talking a quick 6 hour peak under the hood.

Back when 1984 Chevy S-10 pickups were new, my mother bought one. I was headed over to Boise to see my dad and brother and drove her new S-10 so I could bring a load of her junk back for her.

I left in the middle of the dark and somewhere near Lapine I started hearing a growly sound from up front. It got worse and I was getting sleepy so I parked in front of the service bay at the Chevy dealer in Bend and sacked out. I figured that I shouldn't have to worry about a funny noise on a $9,000 dollar new truck. They got me right in, first thing in the morning.

Turned out to be that the can of Spagettios that I'd laid on the engine to warm up had wiggled over to where it rubbed on the firewall and was making noise. The mechanic was so happy to have gained such a story that he said those magic words "We'll cover it under warranty".

It was a humbling experience for a guy who bragged that he could keep junk on the road long after it was worth more as scrap iron.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

I've only ever done it a few times, but that's when I send a certified letter to the CEO by name. I've always gotten results.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

LMAO ! A can of friggin spagettis-o's !!!! If it'd been an Italian car you'd have been allright !

Rod, I'm still fuming, so much that I'm just avoiding the situation for now. In fact I've been running my Honda 2200 EU since then (and YES ! On ecomode !). The 7000 is sitting in the shed. I'll deal with it later. It runs, I know that as I started it up before I left that chop shop. I've been fighting "colds, flu's, winter blues and trying to get my new solar system wired up and running. It's been a cold one here, not much snow - but friggin cold. Retiring in June and I think of doing the AZ snowbird thing soon. Sedona area is my spot. Old age and cold = no bueno !

Hey, Double R ? You running your 7000 on eco-mode full-time without problems?
    Last edited by Kola; 01-14-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    PART I

I broke down and bought a Honda 7000EU. I was drooling over the fuel injected model and I pulled the trigger. She was sweet and sexy for 140 hours and then....
    I have the Honda EU6500is, basically yours, but carb'd, never a lick of trouble and I only run it in eco mode. It powers my entire house during an emergency and does it in eco mode. I have electric water heater, electric range, electric clothes dryer, now it wont run all those heavy loads, but any one of them at a time with ease. Just as quiet as my 2 Honda EU2000i gennies. Call Honda directly. You should get some help.
    Last edited by DoubleJRanch; 03-14-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    Rick

The Double J Ranch & Timber Farm
    "Ride for the Brand"-- its the code of the west.

Thanks Rick. The gennys been good so far. I'm glad. I have a new 2200 EU and a 1000 eu as back ups.

But yeah, still wish I'd bought the 6500 carbed

2 days ago I ran that damn 7000 genny on eco-mode for about 4 hours. The next day it wouldn't start. Gas fouled plug. Pulled out O2 sensor, (carboned fouled) I hit it with carb cleaner and lightly sanded it with some emery cloth. Cleaned and dried spark plug and the bitch fired right up. POS !