Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Log screws vs rebar

LHBA Member
    We are building in Marion, Montana. First time building , we have lots of pros on our side as well as a few cons. Pros: We own our trees and no permits required as far as we can tell the biggest con is that we have a pretty short time frame to get things accomplished. We have snow till May, the ground doesn't really dry out till June, and we close up shop the end of Sept. So just a few months to get a whole lot done. Learning so much from this class and reading everyone's questions and answers.

LHBA Member
    Gosh Mudflap I have been off in the distance it seems so sorry for such a late reply.
    We are building in western Montana. 12 miles north of a wee little town called Marion. We currently still have about an average of 2 ft of snow left but it is melting fast. When I figure out how to post a picture I will.

Blog Entries
    www.imgur.com

Works every time for me.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    What is this thing you guys call feet of snow? We had some 35-40 degree snowflakes yesterday.

LHBA Member
    20200415_151342.jpg Last week shoveling a path to the shed and the Tollbooth "outhouse" I'll get it figured somehow. We are headed up to the ranch on Tuesday I have high hopes that there is less than a foot of snow average.
    Last edited by Dayita; 04-26-2020 at 10:57 AM.

LHBA Member
    20200129_152629.jpg20200130_094424.jpg20200404_161058.jpg Found the fire pit under 3 ft of snow, Flag in honor of Marks dad and our 4 season pop up camper.

Blog Entries
    That's a pretty beautiful place to wait for spring.

Here in sunny southern Oregon, we are already worried about summer wildfires. Fire season starts in 4 days. One month earlier than ever before.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

We've had more days with snow, here in Pennsylvania this month, than we did with both January and February combined. Fortunately, it doesn't pile up.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Quote Originally Posted by mudflap View Post
    Have you taken the class? If so, welcome. If not, I admire the spunk, but taking the class will cost you about $1000. It's about to be online. I almost said "it is online" because I'm testing it right now, but I guess it's for members only at this point. It will be online soon for the public. It's not a scam. I took the class a few years ago in Vegas. That $800 back then has paid for itself over and over again. If you forced me to come up with a number, I'd say I've saved $50k on my build so far. I promise you will waste more than $1k by NOT taking the class.
    Mudflap, just went through your blog. very amazing stuff. You said that the online class is soon to be released to the public, do you have a timeline for that? I signed up for the email notification about in person classes but i just wanted to do the first one available, either online or in person.

Thanks again for all the inspiration

David

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDefender View Post
    Mudflap, just went through your blog. very amazing stuff. You said that the online class is soon to be released to the public, do you have a timeline for that? I signed up for the email notification about in person classes but i just wanted to do the first one available, either online or in person.

Thanks again for all the inspiration

David
    Lol, you're welcome. I'm actually just inspired by everyone who went ahead of me, so.....As for how to do the online class- folks keep asking me that- I just keep sending messages I get onto to Steve White (admin), to let him know, and he contacts them. If you're on facebook, there's an open group where you can send a message to Steve: https://www.facebook.com/loghomeassociation/

Best of luck out there!
    --
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df