Thread: I am thinking about a log home with an attached green house for winter heat.

Aiea, Hi or when it's warm Camano Island, Washington
    Blog Entries

I am thinking about a log home with an attached green house for winter heat.

I am thinking about building a log home with an attached green house for winter heat. Or possibly a green house between a home and the garage.

The question is will the high humidity adversely effect the logs? I presume that it will but is there something that I can do to preserve the logs. My current logs have many huge cracks that humidity could effect deeply.

I am also thinking about putting a killer roof (R-50 min), wood stove and solar panels.
    Dave
    --> The unaimed arrow never misses....
    --> If can, can. If no can, no can... Hawaiian Pidgin
    2011 video http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...a413d0d0a&sb=1
    2006 to 2009 video http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/flintlock1/
    If you are gonna be dumb, you better be TOUGH!

Back East, with us wood burners, a little humidity is a welcome thing in the winter. But as far as effecting the logs, it isn't going to be any worse than the humidity of our summers, and plenty of LHBA homes dot the east coast.
    Question is, what's the plan to keep the heat out of the log home in the summer?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    12" of foam on the decking, galvanize roofing for reflection, 6' eave overhangs, 7' and 12' gable overhangs, 24" logs plenty of mineral wool insulation, well insulated windows. I kept hearing a chant in my head overkill, overkill,