Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many people are living in <20x20 log homes?

How many people are living in <20x20 log homes?

Ive been looking at cabins and whatnot and have seen a few that looked less that 20x20 maybe even 15 by 15 and i said you know what, i could probably comfortably live in that as long as it had a basement.

LHBA Member
    Welcome. I don't think there are many here that are living full-time in houses that size, but there are definitely some that were built that small.

I'm building a 25x25, full basement, and 1/2 loft. A mansion compared to some homes/apartments, and easily big enough for a family of 4-6. That would be small bedrooms, and kids doubled-up, but do-able.

How many in your family? you have land and thinking of building your own?
    https://daleslogcabin.shutterfly.com/

3146 kilometers away from Loghousenut

I've built as small as a 10x15, wouldn't want to be there full time, but if I we're single I've built some 20x15 that wouldn't be terrible to live in
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

Our first place was 30x30 with 3/4 second floor, it was too big for me personally but that's what my wife wanted.

If it was up to me, this next one we are getting ready to build would be sub 25x25 with maybe a 1/2 loft for extra sleeping areas & storage.
    Completed #1 - Sold #1.....#2 about to start
    http://jandjloghome.blogspot.com/

I think I would have gone for a 25X25 except my wife wanted 40X40, so we compromised at 32X32.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It would just be myself and a dog (once i have completed building), i just recently stayed in a homewood suites for work, couldnt have been more than 20x14, had everything i needed. I would probably do a half second floor for a "bedroom" and also a basement. I think 20x24 would be perfect. Or something along those lines.

Blog Entries
    All that free LHBA advice and you answer the question all by yourself. Next time Bo and I are gonna do a thread hijack about how he burned down Mrs. Swacey's barn while learning how to smoke rabbit pellets with Sara Covington.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

There you go again. That’s another one of those “you promised never to tell” things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If and when I ever start my cabin, I would likely build something smaller, say 20x20. With a small loft, that would be perfect for me and maybe a dog and a cat. I like small, cozy spaces -- I'm digging this new "tiny house" movement -- and a two-story 35x35 home just seems too big for little ol' me.
    February '19 Las Vegas Class

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    All that free LHBA advice and you answer the question all by yourself. Next time Bo and I are gonna do a thread hijack about how he burned down Mrs. Swacey's barn while learning how to smoke rabbit pellets with Sara Covington.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

I just wanted to hear from people who have, I was only in it for 4 days but it seemed to be enough!