Thread: Skip Ellsworth in new Bruce Lee biography

Skip Ellsworth in new Bruce Lee biography

I just checked out Matthew Polly's new 500 page biography on Bruce Lee from my local library's new non-fiction section. I thought some might be interested to learn that a man named Skip Ellsworth is mentioned on pages 95, 96, 98-102, 108, 109, 114.

Pretty soon several students at the Seattle Judo Club, where Jesse was an assistant instructor, began inquiring if they could learn from Bruce. One of them was Skip Ellsworth, who grew up as the only white kid on an Indian reservation, fighting Native American youths on a daily basis amid dismal poverty. "During Bruce's very brief first demonstration of his kung fu, he hit me in the chest with both palms so hard that my feet left the ground and I flew backwards for what seemed like ten feet before I slammed into a wall," Skip remembers. "Nothing like that had ever happened to me before. It only took Bruce Lee approximately two seconds to make a true believer out of me.""

Bruce's street-tough students introduced him to another crucial aspect of American culture - guns. Leroy Garcia and Skip Ellsworth taught Bruce how to shoot pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns. The gave him his first gun, a Colt .25 caliber semiautomatic pistol with black handle grips. "Bruce totally loved it," says Skip."
    “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wow. so very cool! I'm going to have to add that one to my reading list! thanks

That's pretty cool.
    I was lucky enough to take the class in their awesome home, but never got to meet Skip.
    Completed #1 - Sold #1.....#2 about to start
    http://jandjloghome.blogspot.com/

I am new here, need lots of information about building a log home. Are there any classes planned?

Blog Entries
    Marsha, don't stay new for long. We'd love to have you over on the member's side of the forum.

PS... You just missed a class last weekend.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.