Thread: Help with advise on buying /building log cabin

Help with advise on buying /building log cabin

Iam replacing an old shed I won't it to last for along time so I won't he best quality and thickness of wood materials ect it's in a shady part of the garden and will I thought have to be on a concrete base and rat and mice resent I also won't his fully damp treated including base and the wood highly treated I won't it also insulated as it will be used all year round with heating even when not used electricity and a log fire and the roof to be tiled and guttering so it lasts for ever with as little mantance as possible size roughly 15 by 14 feet single floor either under floor heating or night storage as it can be heated in the winter so it doesn't get damp but also a small log burner I won't the best wood I have know idear where to start iam disabled and won't his as a meditation room to help my disability please can you advise what's best I do have a rat problem which iam always having to sort and it is on a small slope to the ground would have to be levelled to many many thanks

LHBA Member
    I'd start with a cat and rat poison. Is there any irony that cat & rat rhyme? If you just want a shed, build a good shed and maintain it, it will last a lifetime. If you want a log home, take the class and all your questions will be answered. Others will probably echo me...
    Last edited by allen84; 05-04-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allen84 View Post
    I'd start with a cat and rat poison. Is there any irony that cat & rat rhyme? If you just want a shed, build a good shed and maintain it, it will last a lifetime. If you want a log home, take the class and all your questions will be answered. Others will probably echo me...
    I'd start with a cat and rat poison. Is there any irony that cat & rat rhyme? If you just want a shed, build a good shed and maintain it, it will last a lifetime. If you want a log home, take the class and all your questions will be answered. Others will probably echo me too...
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    I'd start with a cat and rat poison. Is there any irony that cat & rat rhyme? If you just want a shed, build a good shed and maintain it, it will last a lifetime. If you want a log home, take the class and all your questions will be answered. Others will probably echo me too...

Build Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/EAJWU
    More Build Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ca7qYAd

"In my Father's house are many rooms: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." --Jesus of Nazerath