Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For those who have already been to the class

LHBA Member
    Really tho, all jokes aside, and I could be wrong but I think, as a member, I believe you are welcome to come sit in on any future class. I can poke a little, I think I've settled on a 5th location for a shotgun shack, I think John17three is on his second or third load of logs, and I believe LHN has attended class twice and done his roof twice. Lesson: Anything worth doing once is worth doing at least twice. Somehow I wound up with 4 kids so take all that with a grain of salt (I wouldn't take one back). I've heard people don't usually regret what they've done, but rather, what they didn't do. I've found this to be true.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allen84 View Post
    Lesson: Anything worth doing once is worth doing at least twice. Somehow I wound up with 4 kids so take all that with a grain of salt (I wouldn't take one back). I've heard people don't usually regret what they've done, but rather, what they didn't do. I've found this to be true.
    The proper quote is "Anything worth doing right, is worth doing twice".

Or 4 times in your case, Allen.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by allen84 View Post
    I can poke a little, I think I've settled on a 5th location for a shotgun shack, I think John17three is on his second or third load of logs
    Just a second attempt, which by quality was a much better (and successful) attempt. If we count the landowner that after charging a premium by the board foot (I was without other leads) decided to ask for $25/hr for hauling subsequent loads out of the woods, my 2nd and 3rd load of logs from a shaving mill would count as 3rd attempt. But at this point, who’s counting.

Like said above, u only regret what u don’t do, which is also why I have a stem wall for the garage waiting for logs too.
    Build Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/EAJWU
    More Build Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ca7qYAd

"In my Father's house are many rooms: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." --Jesus of Nazerath

LHBA Member
    I see you live in Oregon. Could you quickly run through how I go about talking with the forestry department to obtain trees? I plan on building in Oregon.

Finished class yesterday, I ended up taking about 10 pages of notes FYI.

Sent in my request for the members forums, so just waiting for that to go through.

The class wan't as in-depth and technical as I guess I was hoping (I'm a very OCD mechanical engineer...), and the manual is pretty basic, however I do understand you can only go over so much material in a class full of very green "builders".

I suspect and hope the members forums will have a much larger and deeper technical knowledge base to pull from.

Still deciding if I will actually build a B&P, so still have a lot more research to do.

Blog Entries
    Well, it is about time!

Glad to have you aboard. You will love being a part of the other side.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Well, it is about time!

Glad to have you aboard. You will love being a part of the other side.
    Thanks, should be fun no matter what I decide to do.

Saw you in a video in class, not sure Hawian shirts are OSHA approved jobsite attire? Maybe put a LHBA patch on that shirt and it would be ok...

LHBA Member
    What's everybody complaining about? When I took the class, there was no workbook......and we got to hike that damn hill......

It is fun being a part of the members side just don't do like me and get so caught up by other stuff you don't say hello to LHN for long stretch's on here!
    Jason - LHBA Class of May/2015

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall ~Confucius~

I consider myself dang lucky that I got to hike that hill. DANG lucky!!!

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box