Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who have already been to the class

For those who have already been to the class

What do I need to bring to class other than myself? I understand I'll be getting a workbook, but do I need to bring stuff for note taking?

Anything else that might be of use?

Pretty much, just a pen.

Won't matter much at this point, but probably the most important thing for getting the most out of the class, is not WHAT you bring with you, but WHEN you arrive and depart.

Arriving a day or more before the day of the class lets you unwind and recover from the hell that is America's modern transportation system, for what is going to be a pretty intense two days of data bombardment. On the same note, leaving a day or two after the last day of class allows you to focus fully on the class, instead of worrying about if you'll make it to your flight on time. I was amazed at how many people left half way through the second day of my class, to catch flights. You can be sure the first half of that day was spent worrying about when they should leave, instead of focusing on the material they were being presented, so basically, they lost half of the class's valuable information. Who knows when they arrived, maybe they lost the first half as well!!

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Yeah, well I am bringing my GF, not to the class but to Vegas. We arrive 4 days before the first day of class and leave the Monday after class. She loves Vegas has been there many times and will keep herself busy while I'm in class. Due to the cost of flights and hotels, we really are not spending that much more on the extra days, except for food I guess.

That brings up another question, I don't want to be spending a ton of money on food while I am there, suggestions? What happens during class? Am I supposed to go find food during a lunch break or something?

From the confirmation email I received, "Attendees are on their own for lunch, but there are many good restaurants inside the hotel and within easy walking distance".

Hope this helps, and looking forward to seeing you there.

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    From the confirmation email I received, "Attendees are on their own for lunch, but there are many good restaurants inside the hotel and within easy walking distance".

-Steve
    Ah, I guess I read over the email too quickly, thanks.

I'll have my GF bring me lunch

Blog Entries
    This is not meant to be insultive, but if the Lady is permanent, She oughta be in class with you. She can't properly drink the koolaid from the comfort of the hotel suite.

In my learned opinion, her missing the class could be the most expensive part of Vegas.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Blog Entries
    I wrote all my notes in the workbook they handed out. that thing is my bible. (no offense meant to the real Bible).

I took copious notes. Lotsa notes. notes, notes, notes. My hand got tired. I drew pictures and labeled them. I brought several pens and pencils. I didn't ask many questions- Steve said it would all be explained, and it was. Some people forgot that he said that, and asked questions at points where they weren't relevant. He was nice, but firm. We really did get through all of the workbook, and all of our questions were answered.

I mostly just ate at the hotel restaurant. Hate doing that, but it's only for 2 days.

The irony of attending a class on how to become financially independent (which is really what they are teaching- log homes are just one step in that process) in a city that teaches you to become a slave to all kinds of vices was not lost on me.
    --
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post

-Steve
    Does this mean that Skip's world renowned cookies are no longer part of a class experience!?!?!?

That is a real crying shame! :-(

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

So I guess the question is, why do some ppl take so many notes? Is not all the information in the workbook?

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by etd66ss View Post
    So I guess the question is, why do some ppl take so many notes? Is not all the information in the workbook?
    Everything you need to know is in the book and even more on the member side of the forum. Some peoples brains work different and they need notes. Nothing wrong with that, wish I had it in me... If I try to take a bunch of notes I tend to miss what's being said/shown. But I did mark what I felt was important points in the book.