Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to sell my LHBA cabin....

Trying to sell my LHBA cabin....

My husband and I built a cabin a few years ago after he took the class in Las Vegas. We got the shell done and chinked on the outside. It's completely unfinished on the inside.
    The home as well as the deep well are solar powered and there is a large generator connected. We put in a 1000 gallon cistern and the septic has been done as well. The cabin is the 40x40 size and sits on top of a ICF basement. It is built on top of a mountain on 70 acres. There is a wrap around deck on the main level and a balcony off of the master bedroom. The property has a cave, lots of fruit trees, a beehive, and 3 chicken coops as well as a pond. Although the property is secluded, it's only about 10 minutes from Talladega Superspeedway and 1 hour from Birmingham and Atlanta. There is a doublewide mobile home on another location on the property that is liveable while the cabin us being finished, if needed.

I recently divorced and was left the property in the divorce. I would like to sell it but no realtor really knows how to market a home like mine. I came here to see if anyone might know of the best places to advertise to sell this or if they might know someone personally who might want to buy it.

I really appreciate any help or advice. Thank you!

Good luck with the sale, sounds like an awesome piece of property.
    My only suggestion, don't call it a "cabin", it's a custom hand built log home shell.

Have you considered finishing it, then selling it?
    Completed #1 - Sold #1.....#2 about to start
    http://jandjloghome.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Shark broke the ice so I'll chime in and say I have no idea about the value of anything and especially a log home in your neck of the woods. I have a feeling I'd love the place if you could move it closer to home.

PS... Sorry (or happy for you) about the family breakup. Wishing a great rest of your lives.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

I appreciate the advice. Completing the home is not financially feasible for me, so I am just leaving it like it is so someone can finish it to their taste. It would make an excellent hunting lodge if someone wanted to invest in it for that. If I could afford to, I might.

I am considering putting it in the off grid magazines. Regular real estate agents arent sure how to market it.

Thanks for the help! God bless.

Regular+ User
    Quote Originally Posted by alabamaloghome View Post
    I appreciate the advice. Completing the home is not financially feasible for me, so I am just leaving it like it is so someone can finish it to their taste. It would make an excellent hunting lodge if someone wanted to invest in it for that. If I could afford to, I might.

I am considering putting it in the off grid magazines. Regular real estate agents arent sure how to market it.

Thanks for the help! God bless.
    Sorry to hear about the situation you are in, do you have any photos etc that you could share. I have been looking for land and want to build a LHBA home. You have peaked my interest!

Fwd: https://www.selandgroup.com/property...ladega-county/

I'm not entirely sure how to put pics on here, but this is the link to the website. I know it's just going to take a very specific type of buyer, but I know they are out there somewhere!

Thank you!!

LHBA Member
    Place looks great... I'm a licensed agent in Tennessee. If you need help finding a good Realtor down there to get it sold for you, send me a message. I know exactly how I would market that, and around here it would sell fast.

LHBA Member
    Wow! Place looks awesome! Sorry to hear about the fork in the road, but I say take it.

I have to say, I don't recognize the build, was there a thread on here under your ex's log in? I wouldn't mind looking it over.

I like your floors, what material are those?

I think those realtors you've talked to are obviously the wrong ones. I'd talk to Allen, like he has offered, and then find the right one. One thing I'd recommend is to have a floor layout option or two sketched out. You have some the stairs set and the plumbing stacks where they are going to go. Maybe show what the options are for a layout. Best of luck!
    https://daleslogcabin.shutterfly.com/

3146 kilometers away from Loghousenut

Thank you!

My ex didnt keep any sort of record of his progress on the home. He wasnt exactly committed to the process, apparently.
    I'm not sure what flooring you are asking about, but there is no formal flooring down yet. The main floor has sub flooring and the top floor just has the tongue and groove that was laid down mainly for aesthetics when you are looking up at the ceilings from the main floor.
    We raised the ceiling height to 10 foot so it would feel more open.

Thank you for the idea of sketching out what it might look like finished. I had not thought if that, but it's a great idea!

LHBA Member
    Sorry to hear you are selling the house. By any chance, is the telehandler for sale?