Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11 cents per watt

LHBA Member
    So with shipping, about 16.28 cents per watt. It was a lot of hassle, but that is a very good price! Congratulations!

Many thanks to you donjuedo. Without your alert to the sale, I would not have been able to take advantage of this opportunity. I was always planning to incorporate solar panels in my off-grid build, but with such a good price, I was able to overbuy. Now I have to get a great deal on batteries.

Thanks again,
    --ML

Blog Entries
    Good price but scary deal at one or two places. I'da drove to Denver and paid cash.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

I seriously considered doing just that, but also going to San Antonio for the other pallet. When I looked at the driving and motel cost I wasn't going to save money. Also, each pallet weighs 1400 pounds, presenting a weight and dimensional challenge to my truck. I took a risk prepaying, but given that donjuedo already had some successful transactions, I judged it to be worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shippers have already picked up from the warehouses and delivery is scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday. Crossing fingers until then.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Lion View Post
    Many thanks to you donjuedo. Without your alert to the sale, I would not have been able to take advantage of this opportunity. I was always planning to incorporate solar panels in my off-grid build, but with such a good price, I was able to overbuy. Now I have to get a great deal on batteries.

Thanks again,
    --ML
    Excellent! I'm glad it is working out for you. It did for me, and sometimes the best deals take a little "push".

Interested in Nickel-Iron batteries? I got a good deal on mine. Negotiations took time, mainly because I had no immediate need and very nicely let the manufacturer know that. But with the precedent of my purchase, you might be able to get them to simply repeat the terms for you.

If unfamiliar with Nickel-Iron, this link, http://www.autocutresearch.com/nife/, describes another guy's experience learning about them, buying, and using them. It's very similar to my experience, as far as I've gone, but my savings were probably better.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by donjuedo View Post
    Excellent! I'm glad it is working out for you. It did for me, and sometimes the best deals take a little "push".

Interested in Nickel-Iron batteries? I got a good deal on mine. Negotiations took time, mainly because I had no immediate need and very nicely let the manufacturer know that. But with the precedent of my purchase, you might be able to get them to simply repeat the terms for you.

If unfamiliar with Nickel-Iron, this link, http://www.autocutresearch.com/nife/, describes another guy's experience learning about them, buying, and using them. It's very similar to my experience, as far as I've gone, but my savings were probably better.

Peter
    It seems that the more you work at something, the better the deal you can get.

Before you asked, I have been interested in NiFe batteries. I have not done a ton of research, just picked up a little from this forum when you and rreidnauer talked about them. I like that they can be deep cycled and that they last forever. I have the impression that some charge controllers were not designed for their characteristics, so I'll have to understand that better. Oh, wait, you've already figured this out Thanks for the link. I'll read up on it.

--ML
    Last edited by Mountain Lion; 04-19-2017 at 04:47 PM.

First shipment of panels arrived today.

Arranged with delivery guy to hold second shipment in his warehouse until weather was fair. Took delivery 2 days ago. Orders complete. Panels safely stored. Happy customer.

LHBA Member
    Everytime I see this thread title, all I can think about is some crazy old white-haired guy screaming "One point twenty-one gigawatts!!!!".