Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11 cents per watt

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rreidnauer View Post
    I see they are hail damage removals. I'm a little leary as to why a power farm would remove them, if they are supposedly fine. Do they know that they probably have issues in a few years?
    I did not know either bit of info. I will look again at the web site to see what they have posted since I first heard of them.

Are you saying that hail damage is known to shorten life or decrease performance? The outer glass is intact. These were insured. Insurance company paid out and sold them to Sun. Sun states that damage to cells is cosmetic and that they tested these and they perform at capacity. Any info you have is much appreciated before I pull the trigger on 50 of these. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Lion View Post
    Are you saying that hail damage is known to shorten life or decrease performance?
    That's a good question. I'm willing to go ahead splitting 1 pallet, since these are not my primary panels, and can just be used for small applications distributed around my property. If they were really for home power, I'd want to know better what to expect.

Peter

I've called 3 times and sent an email with no response. Who are you all speaking to?

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thoner7 View Post
    I've called 3 times and sent an email with no response. Who are you all speaking to?
    I do know they are in the middle of a warehouse move (new & bigger), so that might explain why response is bad. Luis is the contact my friend is using, and we're still waiting for him to get back to Mike. Luis is already familiar with the Renesola 300's.

Got a direct number for him by chance?

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thoner7 View Post
    Got a direct number for him by chance?
    I don't have one. (my friend Mike has been working on this order and has no direct #). Is the cell of the CEO, John, not working at all??? (305-498-1863)

LHBA Member
    I think this deal went bust. Mike has made repeated efforts and gotten no reply. I made mine, too, with the same outcome.

I'm disappointed this go 'round.

I have made some traction on this. Tony Mok has been responsive. Here is his contact info:

Tony Mok
    Sales Representative
    786-565-9359 X 329
    tony@sunelec.com
    www.sunelec.com
    Last edited by Mountain Lion; 04-13-2017 at 04:04 AM.

More details on my deal. I noticed they were running an auction for the snail trail (grade C) renesola panels, the same that they were selling for 11c/watt. I won the auction for a pallet of 22 for $455, but the auction website reported that the auction had not met the minimum bid, so I thought I was out of luck. In the meantime, there was another auction of the grade B renesola panels (no snailtrails, 2 years old, 25 year warranty). This lot of 22 started at $600, but had a buy it now price of $726, which works out to 11c/watt, same price as the snail trails, but without the snail trails. So, I pressed the "buy it now" button but nothing happened. So, 2 strikes on the auction front. So, I called them up to explain my situation and ask for help. Firstly, I explained that I was the high bidder on one auction and that I would make up the difference between my price and the reserve. Second I explained that the"buy it now" option did not work on the second option. This was too much for the person that answered the phone, so soon I was talking to the owner who seemed very agreeable and wanted to make me happy. He said there should not have been a minimum bid on the first auction, so he gave me those at my winning bid price. For the second lot, he gave me those at the "buy it now" price and handed me over to Tony Mok to get the order into the system. First time back with a quote including shipping, Tony did not have my auction prices, but had their list prices. I explained to him that I won these auctions and that the owner agreed to my prices. Tony checked with the owner and after a few days had a quote with the right prices. The grade Cs were in San Antonio and the grade Bs were in Denver. Separate shipping seemed inefficient and high, so I proposed that they double my grade Bs out of Denver and I would find someone closer to San Antonio to take the grade Cs at the same deal. They essentially were giving me the grade Bs for the grade C price, so they were not amenable to doubling the grade B Denver offer. Back to the original deal, I hadn't quite gotten my storage locker set up, so I delayed a couple days on that. Then it came down to payment. They wanted me to send copies of my credit card and my drivers license to run a one time charge. That set off alarms in my identity theft portion of my brain, so I asked for their wire transfer information. Yesterday, I wired the payment. With any luck, in a few days, I should receive 2 pallets of 300 watt panels, totaling 44 panels for $2150 including shipping. The shipping seemed high to me, and I thought of trying to arrange another carrier, but this would be another learning curve and I might not have saved that much. Now I just have to cross my fingers until they arrive safely.
    Last edited by Mountain Lion; 04-13-2017 at 04:01 AM.