Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone build in North Georgia

Anyone build in North Georgia

I would love to see a build from a member in or around this part of the country. I am thinking of getting some land in BlueRidge, Blairsville, or Hiawassee.
    I will be signing up for the next class and am getting real excited. I want to be very smart about this project as I am not independently wealthy...

I will need to stage this build very carefully. Any contacts in these areas would be super cool. Also, I thought I saw a member here from Hudson Valley, NY.
    It would be cool to get connected as my Dad lives in Westchester county. I would love to see that build when I visit him...he is also an accomplished architect, and he loves true log cabins.....

Thanks so much LHBA members, this board is awesome and very inspiring. I love the community feel and I can only imagine the pride one feels when building something that can last generations and be passed down the family.

Thanks to all,

FergusVI

Didn't think it would be easy to find anybody, but still hoping a member may know someone...Hoping for the best....

LHBA Member
    Hello Fergus!

Off hand, I cannot think of anyone in your area but I am sure there are members not too far fro you.

Yes we will be building in Wallkill, NY and will be breaking ground in March. We close on the property tomorrow WOO HOO! he is an architect for NY!? Would love his contact info if you could PM me. My architect is being a real pain... lol. We would love to have you guys over for a visit once we start the build.

Our plan (due to experiences from other LHBA members, may change) is to have the basement put in by end of April and then start stacking logs right after that.

Cheers and good luck. You found a great place with great people.

LHBA Member
    There are some folks in mid-Georgia that will be starting at some point. There are also quite a few scattered in south east Tennessee and western N.C. mountain country.

Blog Entries
    We're in North Alabama, near Huntsville. 90 minutes from Nashville, 90 minutes from Birmingham, 90 minutes from Chattanooga.
    --
    "cutting trees is more important than thinking about cutting trees or planning to cut trees." ~ F. David Stanley

videos: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/mudflap/
    polished blog: https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com
    not-so-polished-but-updated-frequently blog: https://mudbox.freedombox.rocks/ikiw...fromtheMudbox/
    diaspora: https://diaspora.psyco.fr/people/613...39001e67d879df

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    We lived in Ellijay Ga for 5 years, 1975-1980, building in Murphy NC area.

I built. One a few years ago in southern North Carolina on the Georgia border
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

Quote Originally Posted by rckclmbr428 View Post
    I built. One a few years ago in southern North Carolina on the Georgia border
    I saw some of your builds, fantastic work. I'm really wanting to walk through a real build, LHBA style. From what I have seen so far in this area, they are all "kit cabins". Thanks for all who responded so far, I really appreciate it. You are all very inspiring.

Best Regards,
    FergusVI

Quote Originally Posted by Mosseyme View Post
    We lived in Ellijay Ga for 5 years, 1975-1980, building in Murphy NC area.

Yeah, Elijay is nice area as well....Are you building in Murphy right now?

I'm about an hour and a half from Hiawasee. Pm me after you make your class and we will show you our place. We spend lots of time on Chatugue in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusVI View Post
    I would love to see a build from a member in or around this part of the country. I am thinking of getting some land in BlueRidge, Blairsville, or Hiawassee.
    I will be signing up for the next class and am getting real excited. I want to be very smart about this project as I am not independently wealthy...

I will need to stage this build very carefully. Any contacts in these areas would be super cool. Also, I thought I saw a member here from Hudson Valley, NY.
    It would be cool to get connected as my Dad lives in Westchester county. I would love to see that build when I visit him...he is also an accomplished architect, and he loves true log cabins.....

Thanks so much LHBA members, this board is awesome and very inspiring. I love the community feel and I can only imagine the pride one feels when building something that can last generations and be passed down the family.

Thanks to all,

FergusVI