Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disassemble/move a free log cabin

LHBA Member
    You probably aren't going to be able to lift top logs without cutting rebar off for two reasons: Every top log is also a bottom log (except the real top log) and any two rebar pieces are never perfectly parallel.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lynncherl View Post
    You probably aren't going to be able to lift top logs without cutting rebar off for two reasons: Every top log is also a bottom log (except the real top log) and any two rebar pieces are never perfectly parallel.
    I agree with this and think that getting in between to cut the pins might be the only way to do it. You just won't know what the best method is until you try. We just had our house re-roofed. Finished less than a week ago. We had tornados and strong straight line winds this morning. I thought God might remove my new roof. You know that squeaking noise of pulling nails from wood? That's all I could hear from my bed. I figured getting up would be a waste of time. I said to my wife, "I wonder if we need to worry about a tornado?" She told me the radio was on and would let us know. Radio started screaming tornado warning about 60 seconds later. When the wind stopped, the silence was deafening. No damage to the new roof but I thought about calling the roofer to pull his leg and tell him it all blew away