Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming February 2017 LHBA class

Working on lodging for the class weekend. Anyone found reasonable accommodations? Looking forward to obtaining access to the private side.... Any words of wisdom are appreciated. Experiances etc.

Regular+ User
    I haven't found anything super affordable just yet. I am holding off until closer to the class to see if prices go down. Really just depends on your preferences. Planet Hollywood is one of the more expensive hotels right now but would be much more convenient for class.

The wife is going on about free plans for cabins/garage.... I told her she didn't know what she doesn't know. Yeah I did. I can't wait for her to go as she will realize the work involved. What I wanted to ask was about the plans that LHBA has available. Are they only available when taking this class? Or can they be purchased on the private side? If so is there plans for a garage? That is what we will be starting for the known reasons already been discussed on this forum. Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom and recommendations. ... this includes the several PMS that I've sent around to various members. It is appreciated.

Since I can't edit. The wife was looking at FREE plans.... As I was referring to the cost of the plans that would be available at the class.Why buy when u can use free? =)

I know I know.

hi there. the plans are only available after taking the class. the plans are not available on the private side. you can buy them immediately following class usually for a steep discount, or buy them latter at the members store. your choice!

we started with the garage too. it was great making our newbie mistakes on something other than our cabin!

Blog Entries
    Pip... Trust me... Take the class. The plans will be a bargain and it'll all make sense.

The Boss and I are most of the way through our build. I was too "smart" to use the LHBA plans. Instead, I hired the architect who drew the LHBA plans to draw us a set of semi-custom plans for twice the price of the LHBA plans. The plans are fine, but as we move along toward completion, we find ourselves changing things to more match the LHBA plans. I wish we had just gone with the LHBA plans. Yes, there is a garage plan.

PS... All those free plans are just fine and worth every nickel.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    PS... All those free plans are just fine and worth every nickel.
    This was my point.... I guess I have dry sense of humor.....

And we are enrolled for the Feb class...Cant wait... For us BOTH to go

We are starting with a garage as it will be easier (to learn on??) and we will need the storage and a place to crash when building.....

I meant to ask about the ability to purchase garage plans at and after the class and if it would be at the same price. I didn't know if there was a certain time limit (opportunity to purchase)?

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    The plans are a bargain at full price but there's a good discount on the plans for a month or so after class.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    The plans are a bargain at full price but there's a good discount on the plans for a month or so after class.
    There is also often a deal to buy the whole set of plans, from the garage up through big, tall houses for a decent price. I have them sitting next to me and they are worth every penny, even though I am using "custom" plans--mostly LHBA stock but with things removed. My main floor will have 3 walls in it, only 21 linear feet or so.

I would buy the full set when you can get them at the discount, because then you will have all of them if you change you mind on things later.

Dan

would love to see your custom plans, DanS.. with only 3 walls