Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Hotel Reviews/Opinions?

Regular+ User

Las Vegas Hotel Reviews/Opinions?

Hey everyone saw some older threads with Hotel suggestions for the class held in Las Vegas. Just wondering if any of the recent attendees had suggestions? I will probably be attending in the fall but wanted to get an idea of cost so I can start saving up. A lot of the hotels seem to have resort fees which charge another 25-30 bucks a night on top of tax and the room itself. The Best Western next to Harrah’s seems to have rooms for around $150 a night with no resort fee. I know I saw one suggestion from a member on my previous post for the La Quinta but didn't know if anyone else had other suggestions. Just trying to be frugal and not spend a ton on a hotel or transportation. I am flying in on Southwest cause it’s a non-stop flight from Little Rock, and then flying out Monday morning. I have no plans on doing anything in Vegas other than attending class, sleeping, and occasionally eating since I’m a big boy. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, as well as transportation suggestions that don't cost a ton.
    Thanks!

Less expensive transportation- take the shuttle bus from the airport, not a taxi.

Conroe, Tx/Building in Marshall,NC, north of Asheville
    I believe we stayed at the Orleans, it is about a mile off the strip but we took the bus and/or taxi to the class and the strip. They were the best price and a great hotel because you could just go downstairs to eat at a fairly good choice of restaurants. Most hotels are limited on that.
    Ken and Audra Dinino
    "Determined to build my log home before I leave this world"

We stayed at the Rio hotel where class was. Decent hotel, but I doubt I would stay there again. Make sure to take plenty of money for food. That was the one thing that seemed to cost a lot no matter what hotel we were in, cuz we visited a couple others since we stayed an extra day. There was a cheaper buffet across the street we could have gone to, but time always seemed to be hurried. It was hard enough getting lunch at the hotel where class was because the waits were sometimes long during that time period. Even coffee is outrageous. We emailed ahead and were told there were Keurigs in the room so we took our own Kcups.. We got there and that was NOT the case. Didn't even have a coffee maker to make hot water. Management did give us a hotel credit though to make up for the misunderstanding so it turned out ok. So no matter how much you try to save money, plan to spend more. We took Southwest too. They were AWESOME. No problems whatsoever.
    Mary in Pennsylvania

One day this sign will hang in my log home

"SHE BELEIVED SHE COULD, SO SHE DID. "

I'll agree with MPeterson1020 and say that food in Vegas was expensive. I'm the one the posted earlier about staying at La Quinta, btw. I'll add that in part of my search for hotels I looked for a place with a free continental breakfast...not necessary, as the class provided a continental breakfast and it was much better than my hotel...coffee was provided in class, it was actually better than the $6 Sbucks in Vegas
    I ate out during the lunch break as my only purchased meal for the day and snacks were provided in class, didn't need to buy dinner as the class got out around 9 p.m. the first night.

Regular+ User
    Quote Originally Posted by NWscott View Post
    I'll agree with MPeterson1020 and say that food in Vegas was expensive. I'm the one the posted earlier about staying at La Quinta, btw. I'll add that in part of my search for hotels I looked for a place with a free continental breakfast...not necessary, as the class provided a continental breakfast and it was much better than my hotel...coffee was provided in class, it was actually better than the $6 Sbucks in Vegas
    I ate out during the lunch break as my only purchased meal for the day and snacks were provided in class, didn't need to buy dinner as the class got out around 9 p.m. the first night.
    Awesome I looked at LA Quinta that had the shuttle to harrahs. Is it pretty reliable? Or did you find yourself standing around waiting forever?

Quote Originally Posted by 3degreenerd View Post
    Awesome I looked at LA Quinta that had the shuttle to harrahs. Is it pretty reliable? Or did you find yourself standing around waiting forever?
    I had to wait maybe 15 minutes at most following a phone call to be picked up from Harrah's back to the hotel, it was a 5 minute ride, maybe 1.5 miles away. They leave at a set time in the a.m....I think it was on the half hour. Just let the front desk know the night before. Prompt and courteous.

Regular+ User
    Quote Originally Posted by NWscott View Post
    I had to wait maybe 15 minutes at most following a phone call to be picked up from Harrah's back to the hotel, it was a 5 minute ride, maybe 1.5 miles away. They leave at a set time in the a.m....I think it was on the half hour. Just let the front desk know the night before. Prompt and courteous.
    Perfect sounds like a good plan, and with airport do you just schedule that with them before hand too before you arrive?

It might be wise to call ahead, Travelocity made a notification as I booked a hotel+flight package. I just called from the airport, it wasn't too late and the airport was close by.
    Make sure you go out to the correct terminal for pick up...there's a shuttle & limo pickup on one side of the terminal and then a hotel shuttle pickup on the other side of the terminal. Yours truly chose the wrong side first time around.

Hope that you have an enjoyable class experience, it was incredible when I went in February. Lots of information in a short period...kind of like drinking from a fire hose.

Regular+ User
    I am sure I will enjoy it, just wish it wasn't in Vegas. My wife gets discounts on hotel rooms since she is an employee of a Hotel Management firm but they don't have anything within 40 minutes of Vegas I can book. So I get to pay full price which I am not used to let alone the "Vegas" price on a lot of thing. I see from past posts they used to have them on the east coast occasionally but I don't think that's happened in a while. Oh well I will figure out the airport thing when I get there I guess. I look forward to flying in, getting my head full of knowledge and high tailing it out of Sin City.