Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to get credit for the class if you signed up but can't make it?

I would want my other half to go without me so the build didn't get delayed. But I'm always in a hurry to do stuff.

LHN.. you changed your avatar! Nice!
    Mary in Pennsylvania

One day this sign will hang in my log home

"SHE BELEIVED SHE COULD, SO SHE DID. "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MPeterson1020 View Post
    I would want my other half to go without me so the build didn't get delayed. But I'm always in a hurry to do stuff.

LHN.. you changed your avatar! Nice!
    I proposed to her the night before Skip's class... Thought she oughta get equal billing on the forum.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    Lookin' good, LogHouseNut!

Conroe, Tx/Building in Marshall,NC, north of Asheville
    my wife was not really on board about the whole log house thing. it was just something else to be spending money on. So when I told her it was in Vegas, she was willing to go to the class, give and take. Unfortunately, she came down with flu like symptoms and spent the 2nd day of class in the hotel room. I always believe it is better for them to see what's involved, however, with your circumstance I think I would try and go as long as she is all in. otherwise , you may not hear the end of it later if you know what I mean. Hope she gets better soon!
    LHN- like the avatar change!
    Ken and Audra Dinino
    "Determined to build my log home before I leave this world"

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    my wife was not really on board about the whole log house thing. it was just something else to be spending money on. So when I told her it was in Vegas, she was willing to go to the class, give and take.
    I could be wrong, but isn't that something else to be spending money on?
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

So I did get full credit back for the class, but missed out on the Feb class in 2017 because my GF still requires more surgery. This has been a year long medical ordeal just about.

It took about 4 months, but eventually did get the airlines and hotel to give me back my money.

Still would like to take the class someday... Still working on my log home plans when I find the time: http://imgur.com/a/WSd8U

Currently getting power installed at my lot, so I'm building something, someday...

Blog Entries
    First things first. We'll be waiting patiently on the other side. Our wishes are for the best possible outcome.

Hug her for me.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    First things first. We'll be waiting patiently on the other side. Our wishes are for the best possible outcome.

Hug her for me.
    Thank you very much.

In the meantime, I picked this up for cheap(ish) this past summer (http://imgur.com/a/zgEKA), needs a bit of repair work until I can use it, but should definitely aid in the log home building if I go that route!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by etd66ss View Post
    Thank you very much.

In the meantime, I picked this up for cheap(ish) this past summer (http://imgur.com/a/zgEKA), needs a bit of repair work until I can use it, but should definitely aid in the log home building if I go that route!
    I'm surprised you found a manual for that old cornbinder that wasn't written with a quill pen! I would love to try and keep that beast running long enough to build a house. That will be more fun than building. Try to enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    I'm surprised you found a manual for that old cornbinder that wasn't written with a quill pen! I would love to try and keep that beast running long enough to build a house. That will be more fun than building. Try to enjoy every minute of it.
    Luckily manuals came with it, but all the parts numbers are very obsolete, finding it hard to get parts.

It's definitely fun to work on old stuff like this however, one of my favorite pastimes.