Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone from Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    Hey if you are building this summer or next ----- we are LHBA members, And are also harvesting 90 Ponderosa sawlogs --- about 14-16" diameter, in the Pagosa area. So if you are interested in Ponderosa logs, message me back, please. Meanwhile, our son will soon be starting construction on a log home near Denver. Cheers!
    Awesome Janet, I just sent you a PM. THANKS!

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

LHBA Member
    Currently in Colorado near Leadville, Home of the Unsinkable Molly Brown!
    I'm just south of Leadville, Colorado, which is not far from Pagosa Springs. I just took the class this spring to so nothing to show yet but we all have to start somewhere.

Does anybody know how I can get the set of plans purchased? I believe today's the last day to receive it on discount and I'm still not able to get onto the members forum . . . Left them a phone message but heard nothing back that way . . . .

I used to be in architecture and I've got my CAD program all ready to make the little changes and slap on my title block, LOL . . . . but no plans

LHBA Member
    Silly me. All I had to do was look under SHOP and there they were.
    But I'm still not in the members forum… Oh well. In due time

I just bought my plans and I'm one step closer to building my home. Now to pick up a chunk of land. Where oh where do I want to build?

Maybe even in Pagosa Springs up towards Wolf Creek Pass. And maybe I want to go to Washington… Leavenworth looks interesting.

Decisions decisions.

Regular User
    Hello Wolfiebear. I'm a browser and not yet a member. Paul and Ellen have blog and have a cabin near Lake Wenatchee, about 28 miles to Leavenworth. Probably have a Leavenworth mailing address.
    http://www.paulandellen.com/ This link will take you there and you can follow their 25 year journey. Paul still post to it several times a month. I'm not stalking him, but I have driven my wife by their place several times hoping she will take the hint. Anyhow, I have a lot with a stick built micro cabin on it for now. Hope to live in it and build the real one after retirement. Good luck on your Journey.

LHBA Member
    Great PIX!
    But 25 years?
    I'll have a motorhome to stay in, but I need a place to live in closer to NOW!

THanks for the link! It looks nice there.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    wolfiebear. Did you try emailing administration for your member side access. They are usually quick to respond.

Hello, My name is Ron, this is my first time to post on the forum. Me and my wife Sharla just bought land in SDR in Costilla county. It was a very long process but well worth the wait, we have been looking for about a year and a half. We seen countless properties in several counties. We finally closed on our lot last month. It is great to read about others near. I have not attended the classes yet, but plan on it next year. I am excited about starting the process of a lifelong dream of having a cabin in the mountains. I will be back out in Colorado for a week the last of Sept. If anyone has built or in the process of building I would love to see it. thanks

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard Ron n Sharla, but where or what is SDR?
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

SDR is for Sangre DeCristo Ranches, It is a ranch that is part of an old Spanish land grant from the 1800's. They sell lots from 5 acres and up, it is in Southern Colorado around Fort Garland and San Luis. Our lot is right at 9600 ft elevation and full of pines and aspen. thanks for your reply.

LHBA Member

Live in Durango

Quote Originally Posted by 1hippo View Post
    We are building in Pagosa this summer. We are in the aspen springs area. This will be a second home for us and my hubby is making several trips from our home in florida to prep. We are still in the debate between stick built and logs... Maybe if we team up we could make this process smoother. Where are you guys at exactly? hey maybe we could work together on logs too!
    Hello I'm new to the forum and I am also in Southwest Colorado. I have worked on lots of log homes, mostly refinishing but also building log railings and have done some custom log work. If anyone is actively building or has built locally I'd love to check out your project.