Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone from Colorado

Blog Entries
    Yeah, if you drive south to LA, wait a few hours til the in-laws get tired of you, then drive east past where you'd think anyone had ever been before, and then turn south til the dirt road turns to 5" of dust... Well then, Bo's place is on the left. It's hard to miss.
    Last edited by loghousenut; 03-17-2016 at 11:59 PM.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Blog Entries
    If you run into trouble, his phone# is scratched in stall #2 in the mens room at the Flying J in Seligman... I can't figure out why, but it is there.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I told you it was easy.

Hi John-
    I too am in San Diego heading to Pagosa in the middle of May. Hope to purchase property and get started this summer on a 30X30.
    Wayne
    waynerosenberger@gmail.com

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey Kiddies, I'm in Co. I hope to build in Costilla County. I have land. But now I got this freakin blood clot in my leg.So now who really knows? I could end up homeless or even worse like a mobile home in the SLV!!!!
    Last edited by Dan from CO; 04-30-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    A mobile home (trailerhouse) in Sylvania is probably not all that bad a way place to nurse a blood clot back to health.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BoFuller View Post
    You can message me for my phone number, or call me for my message info, or ask LHN how to get here, or just show up. I'm flexible.
    Hi Bo, I was going to contact you but my wife dropped a bomb on me. She initially told me that she wants a log home to retire in. So I spent months researching on the web and signed up for the class. Next thing I know she tells me that she does not like the look of a real log home, too rustic. She was thinking of a kit home or a heavy timber hybrid home. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .............. I wanted to bang my head against the wall. We are still going to sit through the class since it has been paid for and reservations have been made. I'm hoping that after the class she will change her mind and be more accepting to the idea of living in a real log home. I just can't see paying someone else to do something that I can do for myself at a fraction of the cost.

Has anyone here been in the similar situation I'm in at the moment, and after going through the class the wife was more acceptable to the idea of living in a real log home?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan from CO View Post
    Hey Kiddies, I'm in Co. I hope to build in Costilla County. I have land. But now I got this freakin blood clot in my leg.So know who really knows? I could end up homeless or even worse like a mobile home in the SLV!!!!
    Sorry to hear about the leg Dan. If I'm living in Pagosa when you do decide to make the move to Costilla, I'll come down and give you a hand.

Come by for a visit after the class and see if our place might change her mind. I wouldn't call it rustic.
    Or come sooner. Shoot me a message for my phone number.

Too bad you can't see the pictures on my thread (AZ ranch)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Logho View Post
    Hi Bo, I was going to contact you but my wife dropped a bomb on me. She initially told me that she wants a log home to retire in. So I spent months researching on the web and signed up for the class. Next thing I know she tells me that she does not like the look of a real log home, too rustic. She was thinking of a kit home or a heavy timber hybrid home. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .............. I wanted to bang my head against the wall. We are still going to sit through the class since it has been paid for and reservations have been made. I'm hoping that after the class she will change her mind and be more accepting to the idea of living in a real log home. I just can't see paying someone else to do something that I can do for myself at a fraction of the cost.

Has anyone here been in the similar situation I'm in at the moment, and after going through the class the wife was more acceptable to the idea of living in a real log home?
    I think the question is "Do you want to build your own log home with your own hands?"

Rustic is kinda relative. The Boss and I have lived in a very rustic ugly trailer for 23 years now. We are most of the way through our build and eventually will live out our lives in the log home. We will go from 650 square feet (seemed like enough room to raise a Son) to 2,000 square feet.

Our place will be more civilized than some and less civilized than others. One thing that will be indiputeable... We built it. That is what LHBA is all about.

Nothing wrong with building a different way or paying someone else to build it. If you want to build it yourself and if you want it to last til your Grandkids are dust... Well that is LHBA.

My Brother Bo has a nice place down in Seligman, AZ. We have a place here in Grans Pass, OR. There are a bunch of places in between. Sounds like you want to take the class. I think that is just fine. Stop in and touch one of these things once class is behind you. You will either love it of or hate it. Either way, I think the class will change your lives.