Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If You are on the Fence...

LHBA Member
    Rod, he's not upset, he went NUTS!

Aiea, Hi or when it's warm Camano Island, Washington
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glewash View Post
    A lot of us probably have several layers of envy at this point (living this style right now AND not just an accepting but participating spouse in particular). Personally, as a single guy still, I think such a match is wildly rare and a figment of imagination for many..
    What is the secret of a good life... Finding a good woman... I found mine 50 years ago...
    How do you know you have the right woman? We went to premarriage counseling. We answered 50 questions- 48 correctly and the same - 1 wrong but we agreed and we still don't agree on discipline of children.
    What is the biggest sexual organ... The brain... I STILL believe this at the age of 72.
    Building a house together is tough with out a plan... We made a list of all the things we wanted in our logs home... almost are included...

Single guy, you are looking in the wrong places... Try places you haven't been before...
    Dave
    --> The unaimed arrow never misses....
    --> If can, can. If no can, no can... Hawaiian Pidgin
    2011 video http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...a413d0d0a&sb=1
    2006 to 2009 video http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/flintlock1/
    If you are gonna be dumb, you better be TOUGH!

Quote Originally Posted by rocklock View Post
    What is the secret of a good life... Finding a good woman... I found mine 50 years ago...

Single guy, you are looking in the wrong places... Try places you haven't been before...
    wise words!

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    OK Ron,
    We did get that story and that sentiment. We were just giving you a minute to compose yourself. I very much enjoyed the fact that you enjoyed the time and interaction. It is not always easy to be "present" in some of the projects that are usually the baby of one partner and that was a very special time. I wish you many more of the same. Now about that door!

Your stories are very meaningful round here and that one is special, thanks for sharing it I hope the boss doesn't mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck G View Post
    Starting to think we should have a front door thread as I'm also planning on doing something 'unique' and one of a kind.

Here it is...http://community.loghomebuilders.org...424#post123424
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

My wife is quite possibly the least mechanical inclined woman on earth. I can tell amazing stories on her but won't. But every now and then, more often than I would ever have thought, she will zing me with solutions to problems that are baffling the heck out of me. "Could it work if you did it this way?" You know, that sort of thing. I know now, after 25 years married not to zone her out when I'm flustered about some nagging problem. It's a wonderful feeling for both of us. She'll jump around and holler; "I'm right, I'm right, I'm right" while I plant kisses on her.

Anyway, we built our first house (stick built) back in '95 and may embark on our final venture in a year or so. Logs are a consideration at the moment.

Great forum and fine folks.

Dan in Nevada

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DCEH View Post
    My wife is quite possibly the least mechanical inclined woman on earth. I can tell amazing stories on her but won't. But every now and then, more often than I would ever have thought, she will zing me with solutions to problems that are baffling the heck out of me. "Could it work if you did it this way?" You know, that sort of thing. I know now, after 25 years married not to zone her out when I'm flustered about some nagging problem. It's a wonderful feeling for both of us. She'll jump around and holler; "I'm right, I'm right, I'm right" while I plant kisses on her.

Anyway, we built our first house (stick built) back in '95 and may embark on our final venture in a year or so. Logs are a consideration at the moment.

Dan in Nevada
    Let her take you to class.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DCEH View Post

Dan in Nevada
    Ditto this. My wife didn't want to go to class, as she hates school. But she was extremely supportive and totally onboard. She has come up with zingers also and has helped some. But just being onsite when she could and preparing meals was a huge help.

Bo, I think a lot like your wife. I DESPISE even the thought of going to school. If anyone is apprehensive thinking the LHBA class is anything like school, allow me to just say, it is not. (well, now that it isn't held in Skip's home anymore, maybe it feels a little more like school) No tests, no essays, no detention, ;-) just a very well structured, casual arrangement. There is no pressure, as anything you missed can be addressed on the forums.

It was the most enjoyable 24 hours of school I've ever had.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box