Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Ridge Mountains Roll Call

Blue Ridge Mountains Roll Call

I've been reading this forum and the various build blogs for 6 years. I see so many current and future log builders in the beautiful mountains of NC/TN/VA/GA that I thought a thread centered on the Blue Ridge might just explode with activity and encouragement. For those reading who don't know yet, the mountains are awesome! The secret is getting out, and everyone from everywhere is moving here. Retirees, families, hipsters, Obama, and some mega big employers are trying to snatch up a piece of the Blue Ridge. Google it, it really is that good

I am going to take the class within the year but don't plan on breaking ground for another 3-4. The LHBA inspired me to sell my big downtown house and in October. I bought a couple acres south of Asheville to build a badaz-butt&pass! I got a piece on top of the ridge with some cleared flat, that came with a double wide to live in and a 1950s 2br cottage to rennovate and airb&b while I prep for the big house. Then the cottage is quarters for LHBA members who wanna help. I dropped 15years off my mortgage and 20% off the payment! (I know it's not classy to talk about $ but I'm a "Mr Money Mustache" follower, and I feel that open conversation about debt and finance has to happen for our culture to stop being "consumer sukkas".)

I plan on a couple years offering my help to the LHBA in the mountains before I start my build. I am excited to join this community in earnest, and devoure the knowledge of the members side.

Elsworth, Steve, isn't Las Vegas getting dull? Maybe come to " Ash-vegas" now and then?

And my people of the mountains, who are you? where are you? What is your plan? Blue Ridge Roll Call- Go!

Kevin

We're bulding on a small moinuntain in Cottontown, Tennessee close to Nashville. LHBA is the way to go. We hope to be finished by spring with no mortgage. Yay. Tried to post a picture but it was too large.

Finished by spring! Awesome! And no debt- double awesome!! Post a pic!!?!?

Ok. This is our build.

LHBA Member
    Niiiiiiice.

Conroe, Tx/Building in Marshall,NC, north of Asheville
    That place looks nice, Prissy.
    Kevin, I always liked the Blue ridge area, I am almost tempted to sell my NY place for a place down there, however, I'm not sure they get that much snow, which I want. Still possible....
    Ken and Audra Dinino
    "Determined to build my log home before I leave this world"

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Ken,
    We might be cycling to a colder more snow era like it was when I was a kid growing up in Haywood county NC. I remember one year we had snow every Weds, and Sat. for six weeks 6-10" at a time several times. Also if you get up in the mountains there will be more. You also have to deal with the southern ice and snow mix on the roads that you northerners like to rib us about. We got 6" over here in TN on Weds.
    then another 6" last night and today. Of course a lot of it melted in between then we have to deal with the ice that refreezes on the roads ect.
    Kevin,
    We are building in WNC.
    Last edited by Mosseyme; 01-24-2016 at 06:31 AM.

I am covered up in snow right now over by Newport Tn.

Here's my place with the recent snow, and yes, those are my Christmas wreaths still up
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

Double post
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"