Thread: Sold!

LHBA Member

Sold!

My wife and I sold our crummy stick frame house in June 2015. We enjoyed an extended vacation in NYC and now we have returned to MI. We have a place to live and basic transportation now while we save up the cash to buy the land and build the log home.
    We have had enough of "regular living" and we are serious about building our own log home. We bought a cheap trailer to live in for now (the least we could get by with, just to be in the spirit) so that we could conserve our resources for the purchase of our land and for our build.
    I tell people who don't like my trailer or who advise me that I should not have my family in such a "dump" that this is a stepping stone. Most people don't understand, but many of my fellow builders should! You get on a stepping stone to get off of it again. You should not get on your stepping stone then start landscaping the moss. If you do that, you'll eventually invest so much time into your stepping stone that you cannot part with it.
    I'm going to Vegas in February for the second time, but my wife and daughter will be there for the first time! We look forward to seeing everyone in attendance!

Wish us luck!
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...#ixzz1dpKn3YO2

You got the right idea. Ignore the naysayers.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Blog Entries
    Good luck. I have loved living like a rat more than once in my life. It can either bring you together or drive you apart.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Congrats. Keep up with your spirit.

LHBA build is a process. Accept it'll take some time, will be more expensive than you thought and enjoy the journey.