Thread: LHBA website down time

Administrator

LHBA website down time

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick update on what's happening with the main website (www.BuildLogHomes.org). A few days ago we noticed the site was intermittently unavailable and showing errors to visitors. The problem got much worse on January 1st. Since then the site has been up and down every hour. We contacted our web hosting company who told us that part of their cloud infrastructure (including our website) was hosted with a third-party data center, Linode.com.

Linode is a gigantic worldwide web hosting company. Unfortunately they are being targeted by a massive distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) that is affecting customers (like us). The LHBA has not been targeted or compromised in any way. But if our web hosting company's upstream provider is attacked to the point of breaking, there's not much we can do about it.

Our forums, payment and email systems are all hosted on other servers that are unaffected and continue to work normally. Our hosting company will be moving our website to a new data center as soon as they are able to. We also have plenty of secure backups if necessary.

At the moment we don't know when things will be back to normal, but we are aware of the problem and working on it and hopefully things will be fixed soon. If you would like to follow along with up-to-the-minute status updates, you can check Linode's status reports here:

http://status.linode.com/

If you have any questions about our site, feel free to post a note here or email us at info@BuildLogHomes.org. You can also call us at 360-794-4469 during business hours if you need to.

We will continue to post updates here as the situation progresses.

Happy new year to everyone!

-THE Mgt.
    Last edited by Admin; 01-03-2016 at 12:09 AM. Reason: fixed "gramatatical spelling error"

Blog Entries
    I see a gramatatical spelling error... It oughta be signed THE Mgt.

Thanks for whatever it is that you do!
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

DDoS attacks are about as logical as suicide bomb attacks. Pointless stupidity.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box