Thread: Happy Thanksgiving....

Blog Entries

Happy Thanksgiving....

Wishing a special and safe Thanksgiving wish for all you lurkers, watchers, LHOTI spies, and wannabes. A year from now, many of you will be attending our annual online Thanksgiving Party over on the "member's only" side of this forum. Just so you know what you are missing, I'll give you a little step by step of how it usually happens.

Rod has already started off all the East Coast bunch a little early for my taste and there was cranberry sauce and olives being passed back and forth over the airwaves. Seems like the main turkey will be cooked right there in Rod's trailer because he has that big ole commercial oven.

My cousin Tom Featherstone is still out shoveling snow buy I heard he bagged a huge Michigan mosquito and will be bringing that in to share with all of us if he can keep the tractor running. Plans on deep frying it in the hog scalding kettle if it will fit. He did it last year and it seemed to work OK. Spent both weeks of summer rebuilding the deck.

My brother Bo has been sampling the cider already so he may have those annual "accidentally ripped off the T shirt while dancing on the forks of the Telehandler" photos a little early. Might even get a video... he got one of those GoPro things for Christmas last year.

We do this simulpost thing every year where about 1.7 metric thousand of us all post just one alphabet letter each and see what kinduva thread it makes. We use a program that lines them up like Tapatalk and adds in punctuation and, most of the time, it makes as much sense as anything the moderators ever posted.

Then, just around 4:00 pm Japan time we all wake ourselves up for the group photo. We have two LHBAers building in Japan and we like to include them even though they celebrate Thanksgiving on the 4th of July. It turns out to be a panorama that can circle all the way around your head if you have a bunch of computer screens. The censors have to black out about a third of them but the rest are really nice.

I am ssooooo sorry you all are missing it. I am working on the house today so I'll let some of the other members keep you posted.
    Last edited by loghousenut; 11-26-2015 at 10:28 AM.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

while most of this post is pure imagination there is a whole lot of sharing of knowledge and other resources of the airwaves.
    there ARE a bunch of totally ridiculous and amazing photos posted
    and we do have 2 members currently building in Japan

hope you lurkers will join us soon on the member's side