Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really cool video

Really cool video

Guy builds a tiled roof Hut in Australia that had a heated floor/bed with no modern tools. Starts out by building a stone axe, makes a kiln, on and on. Very interesting https://youtu.be/P73REgj-3UE
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

I saw this on facebook. This is the second video that I have seen him do. This guy has some serious survival skills!!

Blog Entries
    That guy reminds me of me... except he didn't age much while building his house.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Blog Entries
    I spent 4 hours yesterday just cutting already downed and limbed trees to 16.6 ft lengths and loading them on my trailer to take home to mill. I want to know how he stays so clean and injury free. I have the benefit of a truck, trailer, chainsaw and tractor to load the logs on the trailer. I came home with numerous minor cuts, scrapes, bruises and was so dirty that my wife "made me" take off my extremely dirty pants outside before coming into the house.

I want to know how someone lives such a primitive life and stays so clean and injury free.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

Practice. I used to get beat up some building. Now typically I can use the same chainsaw blade the entire build, and besides being sweaty and covered in sawdust, I'm no worse for wear
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    I spent 4 hours yesterday just cutting already downed and limbed trees to 16.6 ft lengths and loading them on my trailer to take home to mill. I want to know how he stays so clean and injury free. I have the benefit of a truck, trailer, chainsaw and tractor to load the logs on the trailer. I came home with numerous minor cuts, scrapes, bruises and was so dirty that my wife "made me" take off my extremely dirty pants outside before coming into the house.

I want to know how someone lives such a primitive life and stays so clean and injury free.

I was thinking the same thing. There is a couple shots of muddy legs but I wouldn't dare carry around rocks like that without boots on, shoes at least. I'd have lesser toes.

He has another video of him starting a fire with just sticks. It's taken me longer with matches on several occasions. If he starts a survival camp, I'm in!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rckclmbr428 View Post
    Practice. I used to get beat up some building. Now typically I can use the same chainsaw blade the entire build, and besides being sweaty and covered in sawdust, I'm no worse for wear
    Yah, but you're still a young stud. Wait till you get to my age where your skin is a bit more susceptible to injury. I almost always come home with a little blood and a few scrapes. The rare real injury but always minor stuff.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    Yah, but you're still a young stud. Wait till you get to my age where your skin is a bit more susceptible to injury. I almost always come home with a little blood and a few scrapes. The rare real injury but always minor stuff.
    I hear you Ed. Everyday I have a new scratch, cut, nick, or bruise. But I seldom remember how I got them!

That video is all kind of awesome.
    Eric Duncan - LHBA Class: May 2012 - http://eduncan911.com

"A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned." - Shepherd Book, Firefly