Members stores
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Really cool video

  1. #1
    LHBA Member rckclmbr428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    2,982

    Really cool video

    Guy builds a tiled roof Hut in Australia that had a heated floor/bed with no modern tools. Starts out by building a stone axe, makes a kiln, on and on. Very interesting https://youtu.be/P73REgj-3UE
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

  2. #2
    LHBA Member project's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas/Arkansas
    Posts
    411
    I saw this on facebook. This is the second video that I have seen him do. This guy has some serious survival skills!!

  3. #3
    LHBA Member loghousenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Grants Pass, Oregon.
    Posts
    9,420
    Blog Entries
    1
    That guy reminds me of me... except he didn't age much while building his house.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

  4. #4
    LHBA Member edkemper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    So Central Oregon
    Posts
    2,743
    Blog Entries
    1
    I spent 4 hours yesterday just cutting already downed and limbed trees to 16.6 ft lengths and loading them on my trailer to take home to mill. I want to know how he stays so clean and injury free. I have the benefit of a truck, trailer, chainsaw and tractor to load the logs on the trailer. I came home with numerous minor cuts, scrapes, bruises and was so dirty that my wife "made me" take off my extremely dirty pants outside before coming into the house.

    I want to know how someone lives such a primitive life and stays so clean and injury free.
    edkemper

    Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

    Feel the Bern!

  5. #5
    LHBA Member rckclmbr428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    2,982
    Practice. I used to get beat up some building. Now typically I can use the same chainsaw blade the entire build, and besides being sweaty and covered in sawdust, I'm no worse for wear
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

  6. #6
    LHBA Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    TENNESSEE
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    I spent 4 hours yesterday just cutting already downed and limbed trees to 16.6 ft lengths and loading them on my trailer to take home to mill. I want to know how he stays so clean and injury free. I have the benefit of a truck, trailer, chainsaw and tractor to load the logs on the trailer. I came home with numerous minor cuts, scrapes, bruises and was so dirty that my wife "made me" take off my extremely dirty pants outside before coming into the house.

    I want to know how someone lives such a primitive life and stays so clean and injury free.

    I was thinking the same thing. There is a couple shots of muddy legs but I wouldn't dare carry around rocks like that without boots on, shoes at least. I'd have lesser toes.

  7. #7
    LHBA Member project's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas/Arkansas
    Posts
    411
    He has another video of him starting a fire with just sticks. It's taken me longer with matches on several occasions. If he starts a survival camp, I'm in!!

  8. #8
    LHBA Member edkemper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    So Central Oregon
    Posts
    2,743
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rckclmbr428 View Post
    Practice. I used to get beat up some building. Now typically I can use the same chainsaw blade the entire build, and besides being sweaty and covered in sawdust, I'm no worse for wear
    Yah, but you're still a young stud. Wait till you get to my age where your skin is a bit more susceptible to injury. I almost always come home with a little blood and a few scrapes. The rare real injury but always minor stuff.
    edkemper

    Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

    Feel the Bern!

  9. #9
    LHBA Member BoFuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seligman, Arizona
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    Yah, but you're still a young stud. Wait till you get to my age where your skin is a bit more susceptible to injury. I almost always come home with a little blood and a few scrapes. The rare real injury but always minor stuff.
    I hear you Ed. Everyday I have a new scratch, cut, nick, or bruise. But I seldom remember how I got them!

  10. #10
    LHBA Member eduncan911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hudson Valley, Ny
    Posts
    619
    That video is all kind of awesome.
    Eric Duncan - LHBA Class: May 2012 - http://eduncan911.com

    "A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned." - Shepherd Book, Firefly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •