Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering

Just wondering

What are most of you guys using as heating and cooling options? I love the ideas of earth tubes and masonry heaters but though could be very expensive on the install side of things, i just like to know what real options i might have, illbe going to the september class, ive been reading the forum for years. P.S i bought my land and im ready to move forward.

Blog Entries
    It'll be the first time since the Navy that I have not had wood heat, but we will be using a propane pretend fireplace/furnace and several backup electric wall heaters. As for AC, it rarely gets over 110 degrees here in sunny southern Oregon, so no plans for any kind of cooling.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHN have you worked on any drilling rigs in the Midland Tx area in the last 5 years?

Blog Entries
    I didn't realize there was any busted rigs that needed worked on.

Nope... Musta been some other clown.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

welcome tracy. we'll be heating with in-floor radiant heat using wood stove to supplement.
    we'll be relying on passive means for cooling.

I have pretty much done the same as LHN. Our weather here is fairly mild in WNC though. We have no AC and when we have friends over they think the AC is on. In the winter we can heat the house pretty easy too as long as we don't let it get too cold. We lost power for a about 12 hours last winter and heated the whole 2300' with a keroson heater.

Welcome aboard Tracy hope you have a lot of fun in the class.
    Jason - LHBA Class of May/2015

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall ~Confucius~

Blog Entries
    "You will never be too hot or too cold in a properly built log home."

... Skip Ellsworth.

Thanks guys, I live in Texas and will be building where it both hot and humid so i have got to have some kind of an AC system and i think ducts in a Log cabin is something i want to stay away from, i Have a Mini Split ductless system in my home now i like it but the maintenance side of the system i have is bad real bad so im pretty sure i want to find a different way to cool the cabin if anybody out there has any ideas id love to hear them.

Tracy they will go over some good stuff in the class about the heating and AC.
    Jason - LHBA Class of May/2015

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall ~Confucius~