Thread: Western NC counties to build ASAP

Western NC counties to build ASAP

I am wondering why hasn't anyone built in Henderson county so far? I am looking a sweet price of farm land that should be an easy build/well/septic, but I am wondering if any other WNC folks know if the TPB&P won't fly in Henderson county? Or if there is any other barriers to the LHBA way?

I will be coming to a class sometime in 2016, but this piece of property is darn near perfect, and if the owner gives good terms I'll have to get it.

Thanks for all the brain stim guys

Once you go to the class you will look at the land a bit different then do now if your like me. But the design of the B&P we get taught should come up to code just about everywhere. It might just come down to fine details of how much of a pain a inspector wants to be.
    Jason - LHBA Class of May/2015

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall ~Confucius~

I've heard that about the class..... I have read 80-90% of the forum posts here and every build blog I can get to through members links and my Google-fu (probably 10ish)....

This land is
    -flat to slight slope 4 acres square and cleared (easy build pier or walkout)
    - at the dead end of a short flat straightish dirt road through the woods, with a major flow creek at the back line, a big sky and mountain view, a large flood plain across the creek preventing development.
    -No restrictions for a mobile to live in while building or a farm or whatever after.
    Owner financed

What am I missing?

Well it sounds like a great deal from what im seeing. Owner finance would be something to get to the know the person on, because i have heard of friends and family who have done owner finance and right at the end the person would change their mind and back out and keep the money while putting the land back up for resale. So make sure you have legal documents to keep that from happened. Other then that really sounds like you may of found of yourself a good find, i would just check codes for septic since you are close to water, and ask/do research for building codes around that area. Also if your doing a well look around and even ask other people how far down they had to go for drinking water in their well.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall ~Confucius~

Well it's not a great deal but it is fair

If anyone knows anything about henderson county speak up!

I could not tell you Kevin, i am looking at 25 acres from a friend in KY. I hope it plays out well for you!

We did this one in Western North Carolina, near Sylva
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

That log palace is looking good Ron!

Kevin,
    I built in haywood county because building department and codes were better than buncombe and Henderson. Talk to them before you buy.

Ron, they wanted to cover the logs on the sides? What are they, screened/glassed in balconies?