Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Boyle flask perpetual motion machine

Blog Entries

Robert Boyle flask perpetual motion machine

Ok brainiacs, so I confess that I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, but it doesn't make sense to me that this concept WON'T work. It sure should if you have all of the weight and pressure of the water in the glass pushing on the little bit of water in the tube.

So, have purchased a 2" to 3/4" adapter for my IBC tote to connect a washing machine hose (garden hose) to a small pump with a shaft intended to be driven with a hand drill. The hand-drill-driven pump has male GHT (garden hose thread) input & output. I'll attach another washing machine hose to the other side of the pump and feed it back into the top of my IBC tote. If it works I'll put a pulley on the pump and see what I can generate.

What's your best guess? Will this work?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433562969.524238.jpg
    Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
    William Wallace

Everything in life is luck.
    Donald Trump

If your goal is wealth, you will die a poor man.

Blog Entries
    Will not work.

Sorry, there is a free lunch but you have to marry the right gal to get it.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LOL!

WILL
    NOT
    WORK
    PERIOD

Water pressure is not determined by its area or volume, only by its column. For example, the water pressure at the bottom of a 12' deep swimming pool is exactly the same pressure as a water at the bottom of a 12' vertical pipe.

One that did confound me for a little while was this one: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xDF0cugCoMM

I know that perpetual motion isn't possible, but as I watched it I couldn't figure out why it WOULDN'T work. I finally took measurements from several still frames and discovered why its an illusion. Running mathematic equations determined that the weights from center at any given time have equally balanced amount of weight to distance from center. (inch.pounds) The mind just sees weights further from center on one side and assumes it must be heavier on that side.
    Last edited by rreidnauer; 06-06-2015 at 03:31 AM.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

I didn't even have to do the math, the image says "will not work in reality" right on it
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

Blog Entries
    Party poopers! ;-p If any of you understand plumbing, please explain the requirement about reducing the diameter of a pipe to retain the same pressure--what is it, for length or height of a run? And why does it require such a strong pump to get my water from 350' down there if the weight of the water isn't increased so much because of the volume of it in the pipe? Gravity is a constant force--we sure ought to be able to use it to make power! Except for the car show today and mowing the yard, I have all weekend to figure this out so let's get crackin, plumbers--unless you're an old fuddy duddy who just believes everything they learned in school like its Gospel!
    William Wallace

Donald Trump

Wherever you think all of the diversity of life comes from, the fact that there isn't a bunch of organisms running 'free energy' should tell you that it's not possible.

Blog Entries

Robert Boyle flask perpetual motion machine

This thread was sort of a joke but I believe that where there is a will there is a way--and I'm not talking about pursuing the impossible. I'll betcha a slight modification like stacking two totes to increase pressure, but attaching the return water line to the bottom tote, for example, would get closer to an acceptable solution even though it would present new issues. I'm looking for response from a unique group of folks who don't think like society's status quo yuppie. There are many ways to get off the grid and many heads are better than one. Don't be afraid to speak up if you've got an idea. Share a link. Ask a question. We are very different nuts here--we take risks, admit we've made some whopper mistakes, and have taken big risks to accomplish great things. Call me crazy but give me some suggestions! :-)
    Last edited by logguy; 06-06-2015 at 10:19 AM.
    William Wallace

Donald Trump

LHBA Member
    Logguy, The problem is you keep thinking in volume and not pressure. Height will equal pressure (I'm simplifying here). If you take a box 10'X10'x1', The head pressure is the same as a box 1'x1'x1'.

Blog Entries
    Huh? Two totes are probably about 8' high. If I send my return line into the bottom tote (into an attached air chamber near the top of the bottom tote) then then I have an extra 4' of head pressure from the additional 4'x4'x4' volume of water, right? That's how I'd i crease the pressure, right? If that sucker fell on you, that pressure and volume in the upper tote would kill you!
    William Wallace

Donald Trump

LHBA Member
    Perpetual motion: ocean waves, surf, river currents, streams/springs, earth rotation.

Tesla was on to it in his glory but the big money did not want free power to the masses.