So I have been calling around to get insurance on a "cabin" that rests on some land I recently acquired. It is NOT a log cabin, it is bare bones, stick frame, (we intend to fix up) not as a main residence, and everyone I've talked with has referred me to another insurance company (you'd think they'd just want to take my money?). The last person I spoke with said they could get me a policy but it will be very high and I should try to go thru my current home owners provider if I have one... So, that was my next call and the friendliest person I've dealt with so far. Still waiting for a call back. But so far..... We've deemed my "cabin" is a "cottage" (less dollars we think), it is under renovation/construction and is not my main residence. Waiting for the quote. While on the horn and figuring out what I had, the topic, "Is it a log home?", came up... So of course I said, "Well what if it is?".... They won't insure. It can be, but it won't be cheap. When my stuff is paid for I will probably roll the dice and take my chances but right now I need to comply with the agreement I've made. Looking for others experiences.