Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Log Preparation

Cool Log Preparation

Does the class discuss how to protect the interior of the home form insects like bed bugs etc. that might make their way in via nesting inside the logs. What sanitizing preparations are available.
    Thanks to all! Hope to take class in 2016.
    Phil

Replying to myself. Sorry about the punctuation. I'm missing my question marks. But you get the idea.
    Phil

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phorvath View Post
    Does the class discuss how to protect the interior of the home form insects like bed bugs etc. that might make their way in via nesting inside the logs. What sanitizing preparations are available.
    Thanks to all! Hope to take class in 2016.
    Phil
    Phil, I'd say if you have a bedbug problem you shouldn't oughta wait til class to get it looked at. Same thing for athletes foot and underwear itch. Tackle one mess at a time and don't bring any bedbugs to Vegas... We don't want to get that reputation.

On a lighter note, I have never heard of bedbugs coming to a home with the logs. I worry enough about certain relatives, that I burn the bedding when they leave but I have never heard of a concern about the logs getting contaminated.

There are other, more loggy insects, and yes they get a covering in class.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Cool Bedbugs

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Phil, I'd say if you have a bedbug problem you shouldn't oughta wait til class to get it looked at. Same thing for athletes foot and underwear itch. Tackle one mess at a time and don't bring any bedbugs to Vegas... We don't want to get that reputation.

On a lighter note, I have never heard of bedbugs coming to a home with the logs. I worry enough about certain relatives, that I burn the bedding when they leave but I have never heard of a concern about the logs getting contaminated.

There are other, more loggy insects, and yes they get a covering in class.
    Ahem! I've got that physical part covered, at least I think so. I do use Dial and wish everyone did.
    Thanks for the information. My concerns about bedbugs are probably due to main stream media brainwashing and my nanny government.
    Have a great weekend!
    Phil

Aiea, Hi or when it's warm Camano Island, Washington
    Blog Entries
    The class covers log treatment. I have even posted how to make your own... I even have several gallons of concentrate to give away...
    Dave
    --> The unaimed arrow never misses....
    --> If can, can. If no can, no can... Hawaiian Pidgin
    2011 video http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...a413d0d0a&sb=1
    2006 to 2009 video http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/flintlock1/
    If you are gonna be dumb, you better be TOUGH!

Thanks Dave!
    I'll keep it in mind. Hope I can attend a class soon and I'm holding onto the dream.
    I wonder if anyone has considered recycled barn wood flooring for their main living area only? It's pricey at a little over $5.00/sq. ft. but it looks great! I want to learn how to install this flooring myself.
    Have a great weekend!
    Phil in Mississippi (not for long).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phorvath View Post
    Thanks Dave!
    I'll keep it in mind. Hope I can attend a class soon and I'm holding onto the dream.
    I wonder if anyone has considered recycled barn wood flooring for their main living area only? It's pricey at a little over $5.00/sq. ft. but it looks great! I want to learn how to install this flooring myself.
    Have a great weekend!
    Phil in Mississippi (not for long).
    Phil, that recycled barn lumber installation is covered extensively in chapter 8 on the second day of LHBA class (no, it isn't really) and they even discuss how to get those floorboards for no money and a bit of labor (no they don't but you're a sharp fellow and can figure it out).

I think it would look great just nailed down with the classic cut nails from Treemont Nail Company. http://store.tremontnail.com/cgi-bin...tems?mv_arg=18

Thats's how we did ours and there are photos on the member's side.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

That's why the class is in Vegas. What happens there, stays there. Bed bugs

Bed bugs aren't going to come in on your logs.

If you get bed bugs they will have come in on your clothing or in your luggage.
    Teat them appropriately.

In short, you don't need to worry about your logs bringing in bedbugs.

Bedbugs have to have a food source, luckily for there is no such food source available to them in logs, as for the bugs you Will find in logs, the kind that eat wood not blood the class will teach you how to keep them away.