Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennessee Land For Sale

LHBA Member

Tennessee Land For Sale

SOLD!! No longer up for grabs.
    Last edited by allen84; 10-16-2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Motivation

LHBA Member
    Also, there is an existing block foundation that has never been built on. Approximately 28x40

Fwiw "block" foundations are usually lacking strength for log walls.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

LHBA Member
    It sits on/tied into solid rock. Corners have been filled with concrete.... I would still kind of agree with you though... my intent was to finish filling all the block and only use it as support for the floor and as a backer to form up a reinforced wall of stone, concrete and rebar. I've thought of a few other possibilities also... all that aside, the block foundation was not built by me and their original intent was to build a simple, no frills, A frame. I've decided to build on another property I own, that's where my heart is, I should have never changed directions.

LHBA Member
    For anyone interested, these are the terms I will offer... and yes they are negotiable.
    I am asking $59,900 I will finance for 20% down (about $12,000) @ 4% interest
    Payments would be about $230 a month on a 30 year note or $400 for 15 years.

I know most of us are trying to kill our bills but I am extending an offer that can help someone who can't get bank financing for land. They typically want 40% down.

Blog Entries
    Move it closer to home and I'll take it.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    Add a few zeros to the check and consider it done, I'll order in the dump trucks Well.. I donno if I could do that. The whole community has strongly opposed a rock quarry for years. This is and will be even more of a prime area to live in years to come. Located very close to River/Lake/streams. All kinds of wildlife.. deer, turkey, coyote, cats and more. Less than an hour to Nashville but in the peace and quiet of the Tennessee hills.

LHBA Member
    We've had a few bites but no takers and have also debated keeping it. We're up in the air but willing to sell. I will extend an offer of 0% financing, with a 20% down payment, to folks from this site. Debt to be paid in 5 years @ 0% interest. Find a bank that will offer that!

LHBA Member
    I negotiated til I was blue in the face to get 0% owner financing on some other land I also own free and clear. Punch the numbers in a mortgage/ loan calculator and see how much money you will save.

5 acres for 59.9K??????? Seriously?????? Are the rocks made of gold?? Sorry to sound so cynical but YIKES!!!