Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is This For Real?

LHBA Member
    Ivanshayka, my son and I are attending the June class, think we are pretty close to you in the TC area. Would love to get a look at your progress on the house and a close up look at your shed. Take care and stay dry today

WE too are going to the class in June and I was (and maybe a little still am) skeptical, but I have read alot and I am just like you, My wife and I with our 10 year old son are going to live in an RV for however long it takes to build the cabin. I am 47 and know very little about building but I am confident I will learn all I need to know in class. I have 12 acres in NE Tenn with a lot of straight tall ash trees and plan on cutting my own logs. i am scared, nervous, anxious and skeptical but, above all the help that will be available on the member side of the association, our faith in God is what will help us complete what we have begun. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by loggerblogger View Post
    WE too are going to the class in June and I was (and maybe a little still am) skeptical, but I have read alot and I am just like you, My wife and I with our 10 year old son are going to live in an RV for however long it takes to build the cabin. I am 47 and know very little about building but I am confident I will learn all I need to know in class. I have 12 acres in NE Tenn with a lot of straight tall ash trees and plan on cutting my own logs. i am scared, nervous, anxious and skeptical but, above all the help that will be available on the member side of the association, our faith in God is what will help us complete what we have begun. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    You're going to do fine. Just keep trusting in Him.

loggerblogger,
    You remind me of me 5 years ago. Were it not for our faith in God this would have been a disaster! We moved into our single wide "35 years old at the time" with our four children then adopted another one year later about the time we started peeling logs. It wasn't easy but we made it.
    Looking forward to meeting you at the South East meet and greet this fall!
    Blane

Quote Originally Posted by loggerblogger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebay View Post
    Ivanshayka, my son and I are attending the June class, think we are pretty close to you in the TC area. Would love to get a look at your progress on the house and a close up look at your shed. Take care and stay dry today
    I would love to have you over and show you around. But I do have to hook up with you after u attend class. Read all u can on this forum, and know you gonna be fine. If I can do it, anyone can do it.
    There is another member who is planning to build near by, his name is Mark.

woohoo love the support we get here. I am looking forward to the meet and greet Blane.

LHBA Member
    I don't know how much of the old website is still available, but I always thought it was over the top a little with its claims. I was extremely skeptical but took the class anyway. I took the very last class that Skip taught. I built my house and moved in October 2008. It's for real, and frankly, everything I did that strayed from what was taught in class cost me money, or time, and I wish I'd just done as instructed. Still, I've been living here for 6 1/2 years and the only problems I've had came from work done by subcontractors, the so-called experts.

I was able to write the class off on my taxes as continuing education . It's not a lot but every little bit helps. Take the class, you won't regret it.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    It's for real. The amount of work is big, but mortgage free is worth it.
    Www.acabinintheaspens.blogspot.com