Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers if you would please.

I want to say each of you have a great thanks from me. She is doing physical therapy for her left arm and leg, they said it is just slight indifference in her left arm to her right but it should come back pretty fast. Her left leg may take up to six months to come all the way back, but it was not a bleeding stroke or a blockage on her heart that caused it, it was pure stress. Really makes me look at things different, and take my dads advise to heart more, "dont sweat the small s@#t". Class is still a go, and i have had it paid for since before this happened so that's a plus.

Hi Little Eagle!
    I just saw your post. You are in my prayers so hang in there.
    I see that the upcoming class is now full so I will have to wait until next year. I think I recognize your post name, Little Eagle. Didn't we correspond via email.
    Anyway, I've been looking at some of the student build cabins. About all of them look way too ambitious for me. I am alone with no family. So it will be me and a dog and cat. I want to build a cabin that is old school and under 1000 square feet and very simple. I won't be putting in any fancy modern windows but something that is simpler. No fancy expensive appliances either. I don't want to be a slave to the big utility companies that continually raise their rates.
    Electricity will hopefully be supplied by a solar system. Plumbing from a well to a storage tank and then into the house. I want to install a wood/cookstove. I have been looking for land in Montana, northern Michigan and northern Wisconsin. I think it can be done. I hope that next year you and I can take the class together.
    Keep well,
    Phil

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Eagle View Post
    I want to say each of you have a great thanks from me. She is doing physical therapy for her left arm and leg, they said it is just slight indifference in her left arm to her right but it should come back pretty fast. Her left leg may take up to six months to come all the way back, but it was not a bleeding stroke or a blockage on her heart that caused it, it was pure stress. Really makes me look at things different, and take my dads advise to heart more, "dont sweat the small s@#t". Class is still a go, and i have had it paid for since before this happened so that's a plus.
    I am quite sure that this report brings smiles and relief to all of us. Keep her close and keep the faith. My best to you and yours.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

Quote Originally Posted by phorvath View Post
    Hi Little Eagle!
    I just saw your post. You are in my prayers so hang in there.
    I see that the upcoming class is now full so I will have to wait until next year. I think I recognize your post name, Little Eagle. Didn't we correspond via email.
    Anyway, I've been looking at some of the student build cabins. About all of them look way too ambitious for me. I am alone with no family. So it will be me and a dog and cat. I want to build a cabin that is old school and under 1000 square feet and very simple. I won't be putting in any fancy modern windows but something that is simpler. No fancy expensive appliances either. I don't want to be a slave to the big utility companies that continually raise their rates.
    Electricity will hopefully be supplied by a solar system. Plumbing from a well to a storage tank and then into the house. I want to install a wood/cookstove. I have been looking for land in Montana, northern Michigan and northern Wisconsin. I think it can be done. I hope that next year you and I can take the class together.
    Keep well,
    Phil
    Yes Phil we did talk via email, i was wondering what happened to you we have not spoke in a while. How are things with you? I was hoping you got into the class before it got full but i see now that you didnt get to make it. I hope you can get into class soon, and get started on your home. Feel free to message me more on gmail you have the address!

Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    I am quite sure that this report brings smiles and relief to all of us. Keep her close and keep the faith. My best to you and yours.
    Yes it is good news to me as well. And again thank you so very much for all the concern from each and every member. I am so looking forward to become a official part of the family soon.

sending prayers Little Eagle and to your family/loved ones. I'm a firm believer in prayer. We all face tough challenges through life, it's the timing that gets us. Catch your breath and find a toe hole, one step at a time.

I've just joined this site and saw your post.....my prayers have gone up for you....God bless

Quote Originally Posted by Debmarie View Post
    I've just joined this site and saw your post.....my prayers have gone up for you....God bless
    Thank you very much Deb and welcome to the site i hope you find it a enjoyable experience!