Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: butt and pass technique

LHBA Member
    Revid, lots of Canadianers take the class..
    Best money we ever spent.
    Just the other day, I talked to some folks from the Yukon who took the course..

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    There have been students from Japan, Great Britain, all over US and Canada and various other parts of the world. Don't ever remember seeing any one post on here they wish they hadn't spent the money.

Revid i didnt take the class for 15 years after finding LHBA and just read the site mostly and tried to find info about the butt and pass in other places as i looked for my land, if i had just went ahead and took the time to put money aside to take the class ( which i think is the real issue here) i would have already built my home and be living in it, the things in life that make you happy are worth the time and effort to work a bit harder for. if you cant afford to take the next class then start putting a little money aside each week in a bank account set up just for that, you can do this and you should not wait 15 years just to find out you wasted alot of time hen pecking yourself for no good reason.

Btw if you think your going to build a log cabin in 6 weeks you need to get that notion out of your head right now unless you are very wealthy, this whole program is an adventure and something you wouldnt want to rush through anyhow, take the time to build the home that has your heart and soul poured into it.

6 weeks? Who takes that long?
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyblott View Post
    . . . time to put money aside to take the class ( which i think is the real issue here) . . . . . if you cant afford to take the next class then start putting a little money aside each week in a bank account set up just for that, you can do this . . . .
    Ironic that this is the main undertone of the class, isn't it?
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Quote Originally Posted by rreidnauer View Post
    Ironic that this is the main undertone of the class, isn't it?
    I find that a bit funny myself.

me too!!! LOL

LHBA Member
    If you really want to build a log home, it's well worth the trip to take the class. If you shop around for flight and hotel you'll find a decent deal on that part of the cost. It was the most I've ever spent on a trip (I'm cheap) but worth every bit.

Blog Entries
    Then again, you don't really need to take the class. Just hire someone to build it for you. I know someone that could probably build it (mostly) in 6 weeks for you. That is if you'd stay out of the way and let him get-R-done.

The class is much more than "just" about how to build our places. It's perhaps more about access to the real wealth of membership where any little thing you don't understand is something that is readily available after the class.

The class is really the cheapest part of the build.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!