Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: building a 10X10 hunting cabin

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    It'sa heluvalot closer than any of my Pre-Skip plans were. I think you have been taking note while you was lurking.
    I do ALOT of research when i have down time to be honest LHN. And i can learn alot from a picture until i get hands on exp. And i do i admit i have been lurking a little bit and looking at ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by eduncan911 View Post
    Floorplans are a safe bet that they will change drastically... That is, if you want to KISS it (Keep It Simple [Silly]) like what is taught in class.

For example, you can have any floor plan you want in a LHBA design. But, the tips they give in class can make a difference if your plumbing is $500, or $5,000+.
    That's one of the areas i have actually been looking forward to is plumbing Eric. One of my least knowledgeable areas, the second is electric. I grew up a jack of all trades, lumber yard work, framing, insulation, and a little sheet rock work. But not really any plumbing and electric.

So ill go ahead and put this out there for every one to give me hints on till class.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And do i have my idea right that code for roof pitch is 3" height to each 1' of distance?

3"in 1 ft is what is called 3/12 pitch roof. I think you can build a flat roof as far as code... for shingles you'll want > 4/12. I think metal too. 6/12 is common. Steeper is possible, but more difficult (6 /12 is about as steep as you can stand on w/o roof jacks.)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

Blog Entries
    Eagle, I keep liking everything you do. Just for the sake of mindwidening, why not try three things and see where it goes.

1... Wherever it says 40', change that to 35' and refigure accordingly all other figures.

2... Try swapping the bedroom and bathroom.

3... Try swapping the kitchen and dining room.

4... If there is going to be a second floor bathroom, position it directly over the lower one.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Eagle, I keep liking everything you do. Just for the sake of mindwidening, why not try three things and see where it goes.

1... Wherever it says 40', change that to 35' and refigure accordingly all other figures.

2... Try swapping the bedroom and bathroom.

3... Try swapping the kitchen and dining room.

4... If there is going to be a second floor bathroom, position it directly over the lower one.

Good stuff, there. ;-{>8

Smaller is almost always better
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

Rckclmbr428,

Someone who has raised three children to adulthood in slightly less than 700 square feet will take exception to that statement.

Blondie
    Last edited by Blondie; 02-15-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Stuck at LAS for 6 more hours . . .been here since 2100 PST . . . FML