Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Signed up for the May class!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blane View Post
    It is a lot of hard work, but I am sure you have some friends that could help. You must be southern with two first names and southern girls have determination and thats the most needed attribute for this kind of endeavor.
    I was thinking that with two last names you must be British. Them Brits is famous for their perspirability and tenacity. You'll do fine.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    27 days to go! Wife and I are excited and ready. At the advise of others I have not been writing down questions but I sure do want too. I have however been working on designs that her and I like. It helps that I do CAD for a living!

LHBA Member
    I think the advice is, DO write down questions. Just don't be in a hurry to ask during class, because Ellsworth and Steve will likely answer before the end anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrain Twister View Post
    27 days to go! Wife and I are excited and ready. At the advise of others I have not been writing down questions but I sure do want too. I have however been working on designs that her and I like. It helps that I do CAD for a living!
    I'll wager that you've been working on designs that you think you guys will like--right now.

What you like will change once you take the class and get into the mindset of simple.

Have fun! Your CAD skills will help you greatly if you intend to deviate from the stock plans, for sure!

Dan

I think it is the same with land. I'm looking and thinking "I better wait until AFTER the class"!

Robert

might not be a bad idea Robert. still fun to look though!

With less than a week to go before my trip to Vegas for the class this weekend I was sure somebody said we'd get an email with a few helpful reminders? I've gotten nothing to this point Sunday morning? I am looking forward to learning everything I can this weekend, John

Quote Originally Posted by hotshotrucking View Post
    With less than a week to go before my trip to Vegas for the class this weekend I was sure somebody said we'd get an email with a few helpful reminders? I've gotten nothing to this point Sunday morning? I am looking forward to learning everything I can this weekend, John
    I can recall a few for ya...

* classes are about 12 hours long, minus lunch and quick session breaks. Trust us, the classes will feel too short and you'll never realize 12 hours went by.

* Plan on leaving Monday morning - you want to stay Sunday all the way to the end (8-9pm) as there are final information you need at the end.

* be there precisely 5-10 minutes before 8 AM. Shoot to be there earlier if possible, as the doors shut at 8AM and they are very prompt.

* Lunch: they provide snacks and tea/coffee for breaks, but no lunch. The good news is the conference area is next to a whole bunch of places within a minute or two of walking. Time it no more than 1 hour, you dont want to miss 1 minute. I have a condition and brought a bunch of small snacks - they said no problem (just make sure they are quiet).

* They provide some pens and notepads. Though, I took my own, I ended up not using any of it: my handbook, that they give you, is chalked full of all the class notes. Felt like I was in college again.

My personal advise is:

* jolt down those notes all through the handbook. Every fact, speech, and advise, even if you dont it is relevant to your plans. It just may be in the future.

* Sit as close to the front as possible. Dont be shy.
    Eric Duncan - LHBA Class: May 2012 - http://eduncan911.com

"A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned." - Shepherd Book, Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by eduncan911 View Post
    I can recall a few for ya...

* classes are about 12 hours long, minus lunch and quick session breaks. Trust us, the classes will feel too short and you'll never realize 12 hours went by.
    That's "per day" if you didn't figure that out already.

* Plan on leaving Monday morning - you want to stay Sunday all the way to the end (8-9pm) as there are final information you need at the end.
    So much yes for that statement.

* be there precisely 5-10 minutes before 8 AM. Shoot to be there earlier if possible, as the doors shut at 8AM and they are very prompt.
    Also very important!

* Lunch: they provide snacks and tea/coffee for breaks, but no lunch. The good news is the conference area is next to a whole bunch of places within a minute or two of walking. Time it no more than 1 hour, you dont want to miss 1 minute. I have a condition and brought a bunch of small snacks - they said no problem (just make sure they are quiet).
    Stealthy snacks! LOL, I couldn't help myself. XD

* They provide some pens and notepads. Though, I took my own, I ended up not using any of it: my handbook, that they give you, is chalked full of all the class notes. Felt like I was in college again.

My personal advise is:

* jolt down those notes all through the handbook. Every fact, speech, and advise, even if you dont it is relevant to your plans. It just may be in the future.

* Sit as close to the front as possible. Dont be shy.
    . . . . . and now I'm picturing a fist fight for the front row.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

thank you both, I'm in a day early and stay a day after,,, it's Vegas Baby!