Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Signed up for the May class!

I want to sign up for the May 30 class but am still trying to decide. Part of me is afraid I'm wasting my time as a woman who would be building alone. Part of me has the burning dream of this in my heart. Any advice?

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Depends on what kind of support network you have. Alone for most woman is different than alone for most men. There is great benefit in the class even if you never build this way. Will change your way of looking at many things and give you a leg up on most any kind of build you might want to do.

Blog Entries
    BJD... Dreams are like the whispy pink paper that teenage girls presents are wrapped in. No substance, just promises and hopes.

As you are stroking and admiring those dreams, are you secretly hoping there is a chainsaw inside?

Take the class.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

BJD i am thinking that the class will have info we wont be able to find anywhere else and the members side of the forums is enough boot in the but for me. I am signed up for the may class, you should come on out with the rest of who are signed up for it!

LHBA Member
    Please read the posts by spiralsands. She didn't know how to do any construction, but learned by doing a remodeling project. One thing led to another and another, and now she can take on anything she sets her mind to. You can, too.

Peter

LHBA Member
    With the 3 month money back Guarantee, you don't have anything to loose!

And for what it's worth, I haven't been able to find anyone who has used the money back offer.

Aiea, Hi or when it's warm Camano Island, Washington
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiejeandean View Post
    I'm wasting my time as a woman who would be building alone. Part of me has the burning dream of this in my heart. Any advice?
    I am a rather large male, old but very large. I can not give advice because I can do all the tasks required. There is a book called "Working Alone". It shows ways of using clamps and other devices that enable one person to accomplish tasks that normally require two people.

There are other females that have accomplished building a log home. The lady in Oregon (I forget her name) whose log home burnt down and she rebuilt. There are others. Pinecone Pam's house is one of the student homes that have been built. I have a neighbor that built a timber frame home. There are a few tasks that will require help, stacking logs is one of them. We have a member that will come to your site and in a few weeks your logs will be stacked, roof on and windows cut.

So, really what is most needed is knowledge and motivation... We can only supply the knowledge, the rest is up to you...
    Dave
    --> The unaimed arrow never misses....
    --> If can, can. If no can, no can... Hawaiian Pidgin
    2011 video http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...a413d0d0a&sb=1
    2006 to 2009 video http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/flintlock1/
    If you are gonna be dumb, you better be TOUGH!

LHBA Member
    Take the class. You will not regret it.

It is a lot of hard work, but I am sure you have some friends that could help. You must be southern with two first names and southern girls have determination and thats the most needed attribute for this kind of endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiejeandean View Post
    I want to sign up for the May 30 class but am still trying to decide. Part of me is afraid I'm wasting my time as a woman who would be building alone. Part of me has the burning dream of this in my heart. Any advice?

Bobbiejeandean,

I have no aspirations of walking the ridge pole! Or working on the roof. BUT I know I can find some guys to do it! Enough of this male dominate negativity! If I can do it so can you!

Blondie