Thread: Going Log Crazy!

Going Log Crazy!

So I'm hitting here while my babes are taking their naps - reading and daydreaming.

I can't wait for us to be able to take the class.
    I can't wait for us to move to NW Montana and hunt for our land.
    I can't wait to build something that will last for generations, together as a family.
    I can't wait to see our old quilts from generations past sitting there, along side the ones my daughter and I will make.
    I can't wait to make the first batch of Christmas cookies as a family in our new kitchen, that we built together.
    I can't wait for all of the wonderful homeschooling lessons building ourselves will afford our family.
    I can't wait to learn all of the LHBA answers to questions that keep me up at night!

I am enjoying the present, hopeful of our future and remembering the simplicity of generations past, and find myself longing for that. In our home, Little House on the Prairie and The Walton's are two of our favorite shows and have been for a long time. However, once we start building, they won't just be shows - they'll be closer to our way of life.

After Christmas, we will be cancelling tv. We don't watch many shows as there is very little on of any real value, aside from Discovery and such. With the internet, there isn't anything we can't look up. We enjoy doing family oriented things; reading, cooking, baking, quilting, woodworking, welding and auto repair( my husband, of course), hiking, camping..you get the idea. We're very close knit and we love it that way as it works for us.

Building our log home - We'll get there, one step and log, at a time. But boy, oh boy - I DO have LOG CABIN Fever!

Ok, my journal entry is done now.

Blessings all,
    Nichole

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer_Living4us View Post
    I can't wait for all of the wonderful homeschooling lessons building ourselves will afford our family.

Blessings all,
    Nichole
    Put big #1 in front of that one!
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Our build was our sons senior project. But it took longer than we thought so we had to graduate him before we actually finished
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Put big #1 in front of that one!

I lived in a log house in NW Montana way back in 1982 , was working oilfield back then.
    little town called " French Town " . some of my best memory's was from this time. even with the long work times.
    back then we worked 22 days on , 8 days off and a shift was 16 hours +.

Kalispell was a great place back then don't know how it is now. where are you thinking about building ?

Blog Entries
    Nichole (and husband)
    It sounds like you are having 'adventures' daily.
    Thanks for sharing.
    You will find may kindred spirits here and a few leaders down the same path as you.
    Keep the dream alive.

James.

Blog Entries
    Change the "Cant's" into Cans! Is how you'll get there. Waste no time in "Can't ville". You'll need every ounce of energy to do the Cans.... Enjoy every moment you Can along your journey.

I'll look forward to hearing about your journey and seeing you on the Members side. A Wonderful benefit of taking the class. A diverse group of people from all over with something very dearly in common. We're All Crazy too! Welcome to the Family!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer_Living4us View Post
    So I'm hitting here while my babes are taking their naps - reading and daydreaming.

I can't wait for us to be able to take the class.
    I can't wait for us to move to NW Montana and hunt for our land.
    I can't wait to build something that will last for generations, together as a family.
    I can't wait to see our old quilts from generations past sitting there, along side the ones my daughter and I will make.
    I can't wait to make the first batch of Christmas cookies as a family in our new kitchen, that we built together.
    I can't wait to learn all of the LHBA answers to questions that keep me up at night!

I am enjoying the present, hopeful of our future and remembering the simplicity of generations past, and find myself longing for that. In our home, Little House on the Prairie and The Walton's are two of our favorite shows and have been for a long time. However, once we start building, they won't just be shows - they'll be closer to our way of life.

After Christmas, we will be cancelling tv. We don't watch many shows as there is very little on of any real value, aside from Discovery and such. With the internet, there isn't anything we can't look up. We enjoy doing family oriented things; reading, cooking, baking, quilting, woodworking, welding and auto repair( my husband, of course), hiking, camping..you get the idea. We're very close knit and we love it that way as it works for us.

Building our log home - We'll get there, one step and log, at a time. But boy, oh boy - I DO have LOG CABIN Fever!

Ok, my journal entry is done now.

Blessings all,
    Nichole
    I have to agree Nichole, everytime i look at some of the blogs on here i get idea and my friends are sick of hearing me talk about it already lol what fun are they!

Hey future neighbor!