Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feds Pave Way for Fracking Industry to Perpetrate Biggest Land Grab in U.S. History -

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regular+ User

Feds Pave Way for Fracking Industry to Perpetrate Biggest Land Grab in U.S. History -

Folks researching the land they wish to build a log home on might find the below resource helpful....Thanks!

http://www.stuarthsmith.com/feds-pav...n-u-s-history/

Blog Entries
    With the apparent results of the vote yesterday, this is even more likely to continue.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

Regular+ User
    Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    With the apparent results of the vote yesterday, this is even more likely to continue.
    Unfortunately yes...I did a tremendous amount of due diligence on this subject before I purchased my land. The Marcellus Shale footprint completely ends about 70 miles south of where my land is..Northern and Western PA, Ohio and West Virginia have the most abundant shale, and a VERY liberal legislation to allow the oil & gas companies to do as they wish!! Isn't it ironic that property taxes are cheap in these states??? Go figure! If they want to drill on your land, they are going to drill on your land..AND, you'll only pay $100 per year in taxes!!! Freedom and Liberty at its best! I love it!

The Southern Tier region of NY has about 20% of the natural gas resources PA has if that, and the drilling logistics are much more complex in NY than in PA, not to mention NY still has yet to allow the drilling in the Southern Tier region, and they likely will never allow the big fracking operations to touch NY.

It would be very expensive for the Oil & Gas companies to drill in NY anyway even if it were legal! The small amounts of shale in the Southern Tier are geologically marginal...it would be a very big gamble for the gas companies to even drill in NY and if they did happen to hit a natural gas vein, the payoff would certainly be marginal.

These oil & gas companies don't even want to fool around with the NY political "red tape." This is the same "red tape" that says you can only have a 10 round magazine for your rifle..I'll take New Yorks hard line position on the gun magazine stuff all day long, because it's the same political hard line posture that will preserve the natural beauty of the Southern Tier in the State of NY! High property taxes in NY??? Happy to pay..on time, year after year!

No fracking, no sink holes, no "land grab" no chemicals infesting my water table....thank you kindly!

Blog Entries
    I guess that's one more reason to live in sunny southern Oregon. No more loggers, no more mills. Just a bunch of pot heads.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

Regular+ User
    I'd love to be in Oregon...

Actually, it's less likely to continue.

The whole premise that the government can take land from one citizen and give it to another is a severe stretch of the fifth amendment. A true conservative would see this as black and white, and the answer obvious, while a liberal would read into it and try to stretch the law into meaning something else. (This is also why "shall not be infringed" can mean limiting to 10 rnd mags and the outright banning of certain firearms)

This is/was no more evident than in the SC case dealing in exactly this type of land grab situation. The five most liberal judges voted for, the most conservative judges voted against.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelo_..._of_New_London

Just because one side backs fracking does not mean they would support this type of land grab. After all, the only reason it's Constitutional is because of five liberal Supreme Court justices.

Regular+ User
    The only thing that matters to me are facts. Fact 1: The Marcellus Shale ends 70 miles South of where I bought my land in a state that does not allow the big companies to do this fracking nonsense....I'm less likely to have to deal with any drama in my wooded, outdoor living homestead..that's it. Don't care who is in office..at federal level, state, or county, Supreme Court, blah blah blah..I'm not near this Marcellus Shale drama,, and that's what matters to me and what I desire to accomplish with my land and cabin..real simple.

Speaking in absolute terms i.e.how a Liberal or Conservative will behave has no meaning whatsoever in this country..it never did. The powers that be would like you to "believe" there are differences, but holistically, it's all designed to make liberal/conservative citizens argue about the crap that does not matter, while industry leaders and banks write the legislation, and avoid taxes.....

"Just because one side backs fracking does not mean they would support this type of land grab."??? Central New York Oil & Gas is planning to cut a 50 foot wide tract through Mr. Swarts' land...they are "grabbing" that land..it is happening in real life, real time...Lets call Mr. Swarts, the fellow in PA that's battling his land grab court case in PA and ask him how it's all working out for him...what a complete disaster!!! Just having to deal with the courts with something like this is a headache none of us need to deal with...

Obama is much much more of a Hawk than Bush ever dreamed of being, and Kennedy did more to ramp up Defense spending while Eisenhower desperately tried to stop defense spending...Eisenhower even went so far as to warn us of the "Military Industrial Complex" in his speech when he left office..watch that sometime..it's amazing..Truman (a Democrat) dropped the atomic bomb... The talking points and concerns within every election cycle stays the same...none of it matters...The power brokers laugh at us for evening buying into the idea that liberals and democrats are different ideologically while they control things behind the curtain..I quit buying into what seemed to be "fundamental" differences at about 18 years old..I'm now 41.

I grew up with 2) 24" gas lines running through our property, never bothered us, in fact they would come mow the gas line right aways at least once a year, and would typically mow anything else that was close by. Was great for riding dirt bikes on also
    www.WileyLogHomes.com
    "Hand Crafted Traditions"

I'd have to agree. Once the transport lines are in and the actual fracking done, there's hardly anything obtrusive about it. I'm actually part of a landowners group trying to attract a lease from the gas companies. The chance of a pad on my property is practically nil, as they target mostly farm fields to set up their fracking pad. (which can be a couple acres, but has to be level) If anything, the worst part of fracking, during the actual fracking process, is all the tanker trucks tearing up the roads.

It's not hard keeping them off your land. Don't sign a lease agreement, they don't come on. They just set up on an adjacent property and horizontal drill under you, and you get no royalties.

By the way, here, gas rights are not the same thing as mineral rights, which changes up the whole land grab argument.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Regular+ User
    From what I can tell, there's an upset fellow that owns land in PA that feels compelled to protect his rights as a land owner. Because he wants to protect his "rights", he's having to hire attorneys and deal with the court system to try and stop a gas company from cutting a 50 foot wide area of old growth trees on his property so the gas company can run some pipes..If folks don't see the fundamental issues with this, then I need to just stick to discussing log sizes and tools on this forum.

I appreciate the fact that some folks wouldn't mind gas lines running through their property..that's perfectly fine. But there are some of us that wouldn't want gas lines on our land, not to mention being bullied and having to fight a company in court to keep said company from cutting down nice trees on that land...land that we THOUGHT we had rights to.... it's just completely unacceptable to me....